Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Question Concerning Yearly Profit??? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383974)

11-23-2005 03:04 PM

Re: Question Concerning Yearly Profit???

Would playing 6 handed be more profitable or playing a full table be better. I'm new to this forum and am not sure what is better or what the difference is...could you make more over the course of a year playing 6 handed or playing a full ring game? thanks again

durrrr 11-23-2005 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If anyone wants to put 1 million _in escrow_ and under contract as a bounty for making 1 million in 365 consecutive days playing only 5-10, I am your huckleberry. In return you get to see a successful professional quit his secure job and lifelong commitment to humanity, causing needless family and social devastation and inducing depression and serious weight gain, all in the pursuit of a quiotic dream. Seminude before and after photos can be had for just $1,000 more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I could do 1mil a year 16tabling... but it'd be the worst year of my life, and i'd need at least 5mil as a reward. I imagine i'd put in ~300k hands/month

ALSO: never done more than 12 tables (for more than an hour or two), but I assume I'd get used to it over time. Such a boring year.

11-23-2005 03:07 PM

I loved that post.

Well said, sir.

Tex

fsuplayer 11-23-2005 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck. I think a strong A game non-tilt player could make 60-70K a year on a GOOD year doing this.

Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

no. you are wayyyyyyyy off.

are your estimates based on anything except intuition??

fsuplayer 11-23-2005 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was trying to crunch some numbers, but I would like to see what everyone thought about it. I was trying to figure how much a good 5-10 NL player could make in a year providing he two or 3 tables them and plays 5-6 hours a day. I was thinking if he could make anywhere from 3BB-5BB an hour, he could be staring at over 100k-150k. Is this realistic or is there something I'm missing...Thanks in advance

[/ QUOTE ]

a 'pro' that you are inquiring about will play many less hours, but more tables most likely. id say 3hrs/day w/ 4 tables would give you a more reasonable estimate. and a higher BB/100 is possible at the 5/10 for the top players in the game.

11-23-2005 04:13 PM

I am unclear as to what you are saying FSU. Are you saying his estimate was way too low? Do you think a winrate of over 5bb/100 is possible and someone would make a lot more money?

lapoker17 11-23-2005 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck. I think a strong A game non-tilt player could make 60-70K a year on a GOOD year doing this.

Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

If that was all you could make, no one in his right mind would do this for a living.

fsuplayer 11-23-2005 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am unclear as to what you are saying FSU. Are you saying his estimate was way too low? Do you think a winrate of over 5bb/100 is possible and someone would make a lot more money?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. and also his estimate of # of tables was too low and hours=too high.

HoldEmKillah 11-23-2005 04:25 PM

40,000 hands/month x 5ptbb/100 ($100/100 hands) x 12 months = $480,000/year

okayplayer 11-23-2005 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. and also his estimate of # of tables was too low and hours=too high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on the first two, but why was his hr est. too high? I may be in the minority putting in 8hrs a day. I was putting in 4-5hrs/day when I had a full time job.