Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   semi bluff makes it oop, 200nl 6max (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=322013)

Voltron87 08-24-2005 04:12 PM

Re: semi bluff makes it oop, 200nl 6max

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you are semi-bluffing the majority of the time on this turn, sounds like you know that though. No better hands are folding here, plenty of worse ones are.

Default play vs a unknown player: I lead the turn for 3/4s pot and check raise most rivers all in. If the river comes a non-spade 5 or T then I might just check call the river, dependin on their bet size (if they bet). If you hadn't spiked the K on the turn, I'd prefer your line...

[/ QUOTE ]

i was semibluffing on the flop with bottom pair + fd. i guess semi continuing is more correct. my all in was certainly not a bluff, i loved my hand there and wasnt folding.

chumsferd 08-24-2005 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was semibluffing on the flop with bottom pair + fd. i guess semi continuing is more correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh you mean your "semi-bluff" on the flop "makes it" on the turn whilst you are "oop"... geez, either you need to write better post titles or I need to learn to read (as well as type)... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

TheWorstPlayer 08-24-2005 04:33 PM

You probably have the most equity on the flop so it isn't really much of a 'semi-bluff' more like a bet for value and protection. And the K should be seen as a blank by the villain basically. For instance, if he had AJ, he shouldn't really be afraid of the K unless you had specifically KJ. But a T would be just as much of a scare card as a K. It's not like you were likely to be betting KQ on the flop, right?

elus2 08-24-2005 04:53 PM

hero could easily have been making a continuation bet on the flop with AK/KQ.

TheWorstPlayer 08-24-2005 05:05 PM

Good point. I forgot that Hero raised preflop. I still think leading is better but an argument could be made for c/c turn, lead river.

Voltron87 08-24-2005 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You probably have the most equity on the flop so it isn't really much of a 'semi-bluff' more like a bet for value and protection. And the K should be seen as a blank by the villain basically. For instance, if he had AJ, he shouldn't really be afraid of the K unless you had specifically KJ. But a T would be just as much of a scare card as a K. It's not like you were likely to be betting KQ on the flop, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

while i have great equity i view these situations as semibluffs because if i get to the river without improving i dont have a showdown worth hand.

i dont see how the k wouldnt scare villain, since i had been pretty aggro and was betting 3/4 flops, especially when i raised.

now i think i should have just led the turn for 25-30ish. what do people do on the river? cr or valuebet?

TheWorstPlayer 08-24-2005 05:22 PM

Value bet for sure.

Voltron87 08-24-2005 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Value bet for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah im tired today. thinking=slow. im counting down the minutes til i go to the yankee game to watch mussina pwn live.

TheWorstPlayer 08-24-2005 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Value bet for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah im tired today. thinking=slow. im counting down the minutes til i go to the yankee game to watch mussina pwn live.

[/ QUOTE ]
This may be a thread hijack, I'm not sure, but YANKEES SUCK!

chumsferd 08-24-2005 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Value bet for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure. What hand distribution do you assign to the villian that calls the flop and turn? you miss out on value from all the missed draws if you lead out on the river... I'm tired and probably won't be around to reply again, but I think (if you don't lose them on the turn) you may stand to make more with the river c/r...

Voltron, do we know anything about this villian?