Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Teachers ARE overpaid and lazy.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=211528)

zaxx19 03-11-2005 09:31 PM

Re: Teachers ARE overpaid and lazy....

Israel...probably not.

Misleading hmmm here is the original quote I made. It was immediately dismissed as false. My post here while inflammatory simply proved what I asserted no more and certainly no less.

Increase pay?? The avg HS teacher in my local district makes like 79k for working 2/3rds a yr plus an unparalleled pension plan..freeze their wages dont increase them.

Please note this DOES NOT INCLUDE PENSIONS.

P.S. Arlingotn Heights is certainly a solidly middle to upper middle class neighborhood but hardly could be described as rich or affluent by any means.

There it is folks black and white. Whine if you must but facts are facts and the teachers in my district are in my estimation overpaid...and grossly so.

lastchance 03-11-2005 09:36 PM

Looking back at the initial quote in context, I should have (and I bet someone did) made the obviously correct counterpoint that your school district is not representative of most school districts, and certainly not of the school districts we were initially discussing.

cardcounter0 03-11-2005 09:36 PM

I think 79k in Arlington Heights would make you part of the "working poor" there. No thanks.

FrankieFish 03-11-2005 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Israel...probably not.

Misleading hmmm here is the original quote I made. It was immediately dismissed as false. My post here while inflammatory simply proved what I asserted no more and certainly no less.

Increase pay?? The avg HS teacher in my local district makes like 79k for working 2/3rds a yr plus an unparalleled pension plan..freeze their wages dont increase them.

Please note this DOES NOT INCLUDE PENSIONS.

P.S. Arlingotn Heights is certainly a solidly middle to upper middle class neighborhood but hardly could be described as rich or affluent by any means.

There it is folks black and white. Whine if you must but facts are facts and the teachers in my district are in my estimation overpaid...and grossly so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's making 70K and is not overpaid? What makes someone "overpaid?"

zaxx19 03-11-2005 09:39 PM

I think that there were 22 districts or so that had teachers earning on avg over 75k in Illinois in 2003....

Thats not not a small sampling thats almost all of suburban Chicago.

Suburban Chicago= 3.5 million people or so....

Remember one district does not equal 1 High School usually around 3-4 @ 1900 kids a school.

FrankieFish 03-11-2005 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that there were 22 districts or so that had teachers earning on avg over 75k in Illinois in 2003....

Thats not not a small sampling thats almost all of suburban Chicago.

Suburban Chicago= 3.5 million people or so....

Remember one district does not equal 1 High School usually around 3-4 @ 1900 kids a school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do the suburban teachers make more money?

cardcounter0 03-11-2005 09:49 PM

because the people that live in the suburbs make a lot more than 79k ?
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

lastchance 03-11-2005 09:58 PM

22 districts out of how many?

DyessMan89 03-11-2005 11:24 PM

There are very few people that I feel dont deserve to live. You are one of them.

thatpfunk 03-11-2005 11:40 PM

You're an idiot zaxx. im quitting this forum.

here it is AGAIN

Avg salary for teachers in the US is $45k (2003)

its very easy to find.