Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Stars players: Does Dans Macabre ever sleep? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372075)

jj_frap 11-05-2005 12:08 PM

Re: Stars players: Does Dans Macabre ever sleep?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, i dont think hes a bot, hes chatted with me before. And Omaha is the last frontier for bots i suspect.

[/ QUOTE ]
What did you do/say to get this guy to chat? I've played over 3000 hands against him and never seen one little letter pop up from him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stone cold bluffed him off a big pot with nothing and showed it. Apparently he laid down 3rd set (unlike in the link above).

[/ QUOTE ]

Third set? It takes an incredible read to NOT lay that down in most cases...lol

11-05-2005 04:20 PM

with the way he plays i'm not sure how he could even end up with 3rd set.

Olof 11-05-2005 05:41 PM

Probably the same guy as sangrefrio/gammmon at party. He is from the same area, seems to spend most of his days playing tight at multiple lowlimit tables, and never ever chats.

joewatch 11-05-2005 05:55 PM

Although this discussion is a bit amusing, it seems silly to discuss specific players here.

beset7 11-05-2005 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although this discussion is a bit amusing, it seems silly to discuss specific players here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although its rare to discuss specific low-limit players in other poker forums, I think within the context of Omaha its actually kind of useful since the player pool is so small.

11-05-2005 07:15 PM

Well I happened to be playing 2 tables with him today and asked him if he ever slept. He didn't type a letter. I was very disappointed. Then I mentioned 2+2 and still nothing, then his mom and nothing, oh well.

Unabridged 11-05-2005 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably the same guy as sangrefrio/gammmon at party. He is from the same area, seems to spend most of his days playing tight at multiple lowlimit tables, and never ever chats.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was just going to mention him. i've played a few hundred hands a day with him for the last few months and i try talking to him all the time, but no response [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
if you are out their sangre, say hello

dibbs 11-06-2005 03:44 AM

Hijack: SORRY FRAP.

On the same note, does asdf_asdf post here? He's been on all the time as well and was trying to get Dan to talk.

11-06-2005 03:55 AM

Re: Hijack: SORRY FRAP.

[ QUOTE ]
On the same note, does asdf_asdf post here? He's been on all the time as well and was trying to get Dan to talk.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm starting to wonder if asdf_asdf and dans are two not particularily good halves of what could be an awesome whole.

I have no fear playing against these two guys but I would be totally confused against anyone who flipped flopped between their playing styles.

TheRempel 11-06-2005 03:52 PM

Re: Hijack: SORRY FRAP.

Dans Macabre plays so weak tight that over the 15K hands I have with him at various levels he is winnining or losing about 5BB/100. Asdf_asdf is so stupidly aggressive after the flop that he's losing more in the range of 10BB/100. If they are the same person it must be some sort of poker psychology experiment.