Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Tonight's Las Vegas - Howard Lederer, Cheating in Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392366)

SheridanCat 12-06-2005 04:30 PM

Re: Tonight\'s Las Vegas - Howard Lederer, Cheating in Poker

[ QUOTE ]

This is not something I deny...in fact, it's something I count on. But there is a difference between most and all. My friend insisted upon using "all."

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, okay, well, he's wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

MCS 12-06-2005 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is not something I deny...in fact, it's something I count on. But there is a difference between most and all. My friend insisted upon using "all."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And also female.

coffeecrazy1 12-06-2005 11:45 PM

Fair enough.

And I misunderstood the report...having not seen the episode personally...I thought Lederer was the cheat. Nevermind the rantings of a crazed coffee junkie then.

Punker 12-06-2005 11:53 PM

In season 1, there is a poker episode that features Mike heavily and he is not portrayed as a losing player at all - he seems to be quite good.

Rockatansky 12-07-2005 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And also female.

[/ QUOTE ]

These two things tend to have a very high correlation.

slamdunkpro 12-08-2005 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm amazed that Howard Lederer guest starred in an episode about someone being able to cheat a WPT-like event. It seems like a show like this would perpetuate a negative view of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than the cheater aspect I thought it was quite interesting about how they tried to portray WPT like events in that:

They kept putting it out the the hotel put up the prize money vs a player entry fee and...

The impression that the commentary is live

poker327 12-09-2005 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Other than the cheater aspect I thought it was quite interesting about how they tried to portray WPT like events in that:

They kept putting it out the the hotel put up the prize money vs a player entry fee and...

The impression that the commentary is live

[/ QUOTE ]

Also if the hotel spent $10 million for the prize pool, they could better spend the money advertising the hotel by buying up an hour of primetime and airing an infomercial about the hotel instead of just having a poker tournament.