Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   They think you're stealing, but you're not (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344167)

redsoxsox 09-25-2005 05:40 PM

Re: They think you\'re stealing, but you\'re not

[ QUOTE ]
you really need to know what he thinks of you here. thats why these spots are WAY easier live than online. in a bigger tourney like this i would assume that they're paying more attention so i'd say you have to see a flop. you have position, and hopefully you can play better than this unknown after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too thinks this hand is a lot diffent live but online I feel its a fold.

TomHimself 09-25-2005 05:41 PM

you still have to call to show that your not stealing which he isnt IMO. ATs is nice on the button.

so you fold ATs on button folded to you?

CardSharpCook 09-25-2005 05:53 PM

He raised enough to price me out. People who go for resteals this early are silly and rare. Probably had a hand. I don't know if I want TPTK on this one and he has raised enough for me to fold instead of call hoping to cripple him with my flush.

pfkaok 09-25-2005 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He raised enough to price me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno. you're still getting pretty good odds, and if he's a weak player you shouldn't have to risk too many chips to either take it down or find out you're beat.

and if you've been raising alot early on he might be re-(kind of) stealing with Ax or any 2 broadways, thinking that triple your bet should make you fold if you're bluffing , but not realizing that he's still giving you over 2:1 to take a flop in position.

TomHimself 09-25-2005 06:00 PM

ur getting 2-1

pfkaok 09-25-2005 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you still have to call to show that your not stealing which he isnt IMO. ATs is nice on the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, this too.

ATs is pretty high on your button raising spectrum, and also on what most players think your button raising range is if you've been aggressive.

curtains 09-25-2005 06:05 PM

I think folding is fine as is calling, depends on your style. Personally I would fold, but would never dare to criticize certain players who would prefer calling.

kuro 09-25-2005 06:17 PM

If you call then you're pretty much playing your position against the villain because you won't know if your hand is good unless you flop two pair or better. So either villain has a decently strong hand and is not going to be very willing to fold post flop because of the strength of the hand or villain thinks you're bullying and is making a stand and hence isn't likely to fold post flop. I think I just let it go preflop.

pfkaok 09-25-2005 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think folding is fine as is calling, depends on your style.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, this is certainly true, b/c if you raise 40% of your hands on the button you need to call here, but if you still are tight with your steals early on, then SB probably only reraises with something good, as ATs is probaly one of the worse hands he'd expect you to have.

Roman 09-25-2005 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think folding is fine as is calling, depends on your style. Personally I would fold, but would never dare to criticize certain players who would prefer calling.

[/ QUOTE ]
What he said... I find myself agreeing with you on everything these days.