Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   hand vs. Angelina (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371379)

catlover 11-03-2005 10:06 PM

Re: hand vs. Angelina

Check and hope you're good.

When you bet and get called, I think you are beat at least half the time. Sure Angeline could have a 2 or a 6, but an A or a 9 is more likely, given that Angelina didn't fold preflop.

mc1023 11-03-2005 10:08 PM

From what I've heard of angelina I don't think there's anyway he/she is folding an Ace or 9. I don't think a 9 would've played this way and an ace would not hesistate on the turn.

It could possibly be one of those plays where he knows if he checkraises the flop he may not get a fold from you while he feels there's a good chance you'll fold without an ace if he takes the check/call flop and donk turn line. When a good thinking player that knows I'm a thinking player takes the check/call flop and donk turn line it usually seems awfully suscipious more than it would a real hand on a board like this.

Although your not geting a better hand to fold, I wouldn't be surprised if he/she folded or showed something like 6d8d. The metagame aspect and the fact that you do not want to show this down incase he missed would be a good enough reason to bet this IMO.

ISF 11-03-2005 10:42 PM

I would fire a bet here. I have played in this game a little, and I think this is a 910 type of hand alot. It all depends on your image though as I think she/he calls if you have gotten out of line at all.

ggbman 11-03-2005 10:49 PM

I think i check here, i dont see better hands folding or worse hands calling.

rigoletto 11-03-2005 11:04 PM

This is a clear value check. Angelina is not calling that turn bet with the intention of folding for one bet on the river and he doesn't bet that turn on a draw either.

DrSavage 11-03-2005 11:08 PM

Does everyone like the turn raise here?

flawless_victory 11-03-2005 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does everyone like the turn raise here?

[/ QUOTE ]yes.

11-03-2005 11:13 PM

I do. Why would you not raise that turn card?

DrSavage 11-03-2005 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because i think that turn donk most likely comes from a made hand that's not folding, I wouldn't be thrilled about getting reraised, because all I have is eight high and diamonds/spades raising here is too transparent? Just listing some arguments, I can definitely see reasons to raise here as well, but don't think it's clear cut.

Paluka 11-03-2005 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because i think that turn donk most likely comes from a made hand that's not folding, I wouldn't be thrilled about getting reraised, because all I have is eight high and diamonds/spades raising here is too transparent? Just listing some arguments, I can definitely see reasons to raise here as well, but don't think it's clear cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, the donk bet screams of a hand that isn't folding.