Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Shipping the Preorders of Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=100256)

astroglide 07-06-2004 08:26 PM

Re: Shipping the Preorders of Small Stakes Hold\'em

pre-ordered via paypal, looking forward to it

shadow29 07-06-2004 11:35 PM

Re: Until you can post on the Borders poker forum

Does a preorder do that? I am honestly just looking for info here, not trying to do whatever. If it supports 2+2 more than going to Borders give me a link!

BradleyT 07-07-2004 12:09 AM

It definitely supports 2+2 by pre-ordering from here.

Order Form

Blindfolk 07-07-2004 12:56 AM

Just buy from whatever store/site you feel comfortable at. Don't feel like you have some allegiance to this site that trumps everything else.

xxx 07-07-2004 06:02 PM

I thought about just picking one up at Borders, but went ahead and put in my preorder here. Supporting this site is worth the hit on shipping.

theghost 07-08-2004 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...went ahead and put in my preorder here. Supporting this site is worth the hit on shipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

benfranklin 07-08-2004 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought about just picking one up at Borders, but went ahead and put in my preorder here. Supporting this site is worth the hit on shipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure there is a hit on shipping in the end. The Conjelco price is discounted, so their price plus their shipping is about the same as the cover price. And you don't have to pay sales tax. It all depends on whether Borders or whoever is selling the book at the cover price or at some discount. Most B&M book stores don't discount 2+2 books much, if at all.

jdl22 07-08-2004 06:28 PM

I think the prices here are cheaper than Borders. For example, I bought TPFAP at Borders and paid the cover price of 29.95. There was no sales tax because I live in Oregon. Here it's 23.95. I don't know shipping but I assume it's not 6 bucks in particular if you order several books at once it's much cheaper.

From now on I'll be making my purchases here.

sthief09 07-08-2004 07:20 PM

I got TPFAP on Amazon for $20 I think

TRWIII 07-08-2004 07:59 PM

My own personal preference for fleshing out my poker library is overstock.com (good shipping rates) or buy.com (a little better prices, a little worse shipping). The new book isnt likely to hit either site for a nice long while though.

Just my 2 cents,
TRWIII