Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   30/60 bellagio (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=172296)

Chris Daddy Cool 01-07-2005 12:44 AM

Re: 30/60 bellagio

hey biker,

the fact that you said that he's a nerdy nit makes me feel like the fold is okay, but when i was playing at that same bellagio 30 game, there were a lot of live "regulars" there that would play something like A9 or even a medium pocket pair that way thinking a "real" hand would smoothcall the flop c/r and raise the turn.

bernie 01-07-2005 01:57 AM

If im calling the turn, Im calling the river. Nothing has really changed given his play. Or were you planning on folding to any overcard to your tens? You just represented an overpair to him and he's still betting into you on the turn. Here you're either going to showdown, or folding.

Im not putting him on a draw. Why c/r the flop HU with no one in between? He's not likely getting a free card with his position. I think he has a hand. May not be a Q, but how does he play trips? Most won't play it that way, but who knows, maybe. You went that far, call 1 more and find out. Then use it later in the session.

b

worm33 01-07-2005 03:04 AM

3 bet the flop. Why wouldnt you. He overlimps UTG+1 he could have had 9 hands that he would probably play this way. any pair j10 (doubtful) q10 qj kq thats about it. When he checkraises the flop heads up like that the chances of him having a queen usualy are not good. Especialy in vegas. So 3 bet the flop cuz u have the best hand and people dont f*ck with you. When he bets into you on the turn raise or fold. If your convinced he has a queen fold. If not raise, and your going to find out really quick weather he has a queen or not. Raising the turn in this situation is so much better than call call. Especialy when your a "flop pounder" like me.

Joe Tall 01-07-2005 03:15 AM

Typical 30/60 bellagio

Do you live there now?

As for the hand, I can't calling the turn if you are not going to call the river, over or not. Plus, I call the turn c/r and raise the river. You are way ahead or way behind.

Go Pats!
Joe Tall

bugstud 01-07-2005 03:30 AM

Go read the B&M trip report for BK's trip report...don't think he'll live there anytime soon though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Riverman 01-07-2005 03:40 AM

fold the turn

bicyclekick 01-07-2005 08:17 AM

No sir. I'd just been playing it for 3 days by this point and it seemed pretty regular. I think a lot of the people in vegas suck and I'd really never want to live there.

sublime 01-07-2005 12:50 PM

I can't calling the turn if you are not going to call the river, over or not. Plus, I call the turn c/r and raise the river. You are way ahead or way behind.

AL.......ahh nevermind

34TheTruth34 01-07-2005 01:39 PM

I don't like the three-bet on the flop, but everyone already said that. I would go into call-down mode on the flop and all the way to the river. I don't ever get bluffed out of heads up pots like this. Then again, I don't do that well at poker either...

billuhbong 01-07-2005 04:24 PM

dont listen to that last post, call down mode... "weak and passive" is not how u wanna play,