Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   KK against a good multitabling TAG (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=232814)

PokerBob 04-15-2005 01:34 AM

Re: KK against a good multitabling TAG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see a thinking TAG putting you on a Q here and he'll probably fold what you beat and call down what you don't.

This is a great play against a rock who would fold AA though.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldnt mind seeing him fold AK here. i also felt that if he does have AA, this was my only shot to move him off it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is not folding AA. At least not enough to make this move +EV if he has AA.

PokerBob 04-15-2005 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if a TAG know mister pink he'll consider layng down AA here. Am I way off?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, yes.

cold_cash 04-15-2005 01:37 AM

I would like just calling the turn then betting the river.

He might fold TT or JJ to your check-raise, but he also might reluctantly call a river bet with them.

admiralfluff 04-15-2005 01:37 AM

I would think, he probably has the other AA, or has KK and wants me to fold AA.

mr pink 04-15-2005 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought that initially I liked it, but now I hate it. After you c/r the turn, what does he pay you with? Nothing that you beat. He's a thinker. He knows a turn c/r is a STRONG move. MAYBE he folds KK, but I doubt it. What if he 3-bets you? He would do that with the other KK just as easily as he would with AA. Are you willing to let it go to a turn 3-bet? Ugh. IMO this is FPS.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i'm willing to drop it to a turn 3-bet. if he 3-bets me on the turn, there isn't much i can beat. you think AA 3-bets that turn after the check/raise? i guess it's possible but i don't think it'll happen that often.

the whole reason for the check/raise was for him to fold. i didnt care what he paid off with on the river since the pot was already so big.

rmarotti 04-15-2005 01:38 AM

Hmmmmmm. I'm not sure what I think about that. I'm a LAG and I think I might think about laying AA down here, but you may be right. This hand is tough, but I don't think mp is displaying horrible FPS here, especialy if he can lay down to a 3bet.

mr pink 04-15-2005 01:39 AM

folding to a river raise?

PokerBob 04-15-2005 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought that initially I liked it, but now I hate it. After you c/r the turn, what does he pay you with? Nothing that you beat. He's a thinker. He knows a turn c/r is a STRONG move. MAYBE he folds KK, but I doubt it. What if he 3-bets you? He would do that with the other KK just as easily as he would with AA. Are you willing to let it go to a turn 3-bet? Ugh. IMO this is FPS.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i'm willing to drop it to a turn 3-bet. if he 3-bets me on the turn, there isn't much i can beat. you think AA 3-bets that turn after the check/raise? i guess it's possible but i don't think it'll happen that often.

the whole reason for the check/raise was for him to fold. i didnt care what he paid off with on the river since the pot was already so big.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, but if he just calls and a brick hits, what do you do? You've committed 2 bb by c/ring. Do you bet the river? Do you check/call? Now we are at 3-BB's. I think your hand has SD value. I'd get there cheaply.

FWIW, I really think that you overestimate the amount of time that he folds AA here.

mr pink 04-15-2005 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if a TAG know mister pink he'll consider layng down AA here. Am I way off?

edit: by "know mr. pink" I don't mean they've been out for coffee several times, I just mean the TAG is aware that mp is a good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

for the record, i hadn't been getting out of line at all (for a change:p)

PokerBob 04-15-2005 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He might fold TT or JJ to your check-raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this a bad thing?