Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   How do you feel about people outright asking you for money? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=336086)

JTrout 09-13-2005 10:55 PM

Re: How do you feel about people outright asking you for money?

[ QUOTE ]
Well they do it in a joking way kinda so its not like a buncha nagging negativity, that only happened with one person.. my room mate last year. But people say it in a way where its like.. they wanna sound like they're joking but still want you to respond yes or no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell them to fxck off, in a joking manner.

bernie 09-14-2005 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Great friends...

Anyone who tries that hard to get 'free' money from you isn't a friend.

Screw 'em. You don't have to have a reason for not lending them money. Why is the burden on you? The more they ask for a reason, that becomes the reason, imo.

None of my buds have ever asked for a dime yet I'd help 'em out if they needed it. I also don't really tell them how much I make playing. I sure never bring it up.

I'd hang out with different people.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well they do it in a joking way kinda so its not like a buncha nagging negativity, that only happened with one person.. my room mate last year. But people say it in a way where its like.. they wanna sound like they're joking but still want you to respond yes or no.

[/ QUOTE ]

I treat that as not joking. They are putting you in a position.

b

Greg (FossilMan) 09-14-2005 09:47 AM

As others have already stated in their replies, these people aren't very good friends. Anybody who thinks you should give them money just because you have it is a tool. At least in my world view, that makes no sense. As soon as one of these jokers does this, tell them that you are hurt that they would even ask. When they say they were just joking, tell them no, you were not. Don't you remember, I'm a winning poker player, and I can tell when you're bluffing and when you're not. You weren't bluffing when you asked, but you are bluffing now when you say you were just joking.

Even if it's not true that you can read them so well, they'll buy it, and you'll be right, anyway.

I am aware that many people are like these friends of yours. Not long after I won, somebody asked my Dad how it feels to be rich. He said, what are you talking about, and they replied that your Son must have given you at least a million, so how does it feel to be a millionaire. My Dad just laughed at them, and asked them why they would assume that I would just give him a bunch of money. They truly believed that this was just the way it would work. To them, it was a given that if I win 5M, I give at leat 1M to my parents. Obviously, if my parents ever need anything, I'll do whatever I can to help, but why just give them money? I sure don't see things that way.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Richie Rich 09-14-2005 10:18 AM

Partly "yes", mainly "no".

DrSavage 09-14-2005 11:00 AM

http://www.tshirthell.com/store/prod...?productid=322

Luke 09-14-2005 11:02 AM

C'mon man, it's like rule nombre uno:

"never let no one know
How much, dough you hold, cause you know
The cheddar breed jealousy, specially
If that man f_cked up, get your _ss stuck up"

Jeffage 09-14-2005 11:04 AM

It's the ten crack commandments....what

Jeff

drewjustdrew 09-14-2005 11:28 AM

If any of my friends seriously asked me for money just for the hell of it, I would tell them to STFU and get a job. If they felt offended by that, I could not care less. I would have immediately lost a tremendous amount of respect for them and would begin to distance myself.

If they had a serious need, or it was a loan, I would consider it.

TheWorstPlayer 09-14-2005 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
C'mon man, it's like rule nombre uno:

"never let no one know
How much, dough you hold, cause you know
The cheddar breed jealousy, specially
If that man f_cked up, get your _ss stuck up"

[/ QUOTE ]
"Never sell no crack where you rest at": No home games
"Keep your family and business completely separated": Don't talk to you parents about your winnings
"'Cause money and blood don't mix like two dicks and no chick": Ain't that the truth?

Lottery Larry 09-14-2005 12:14 PM

I don't know- how do they feel when I tell them to go away?