Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   "One week as a pro" article (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399114)

El Tigre 12-15-2005 06:52 PM

Re: \"One week as a pro\" article

ummmmmmm i remember the time when 1bb per hour of live play was a pretty damn good win rate. playing 2-3 tables of 5-10 at 1bb/100 can make a very good living

Nick-Zack 12-15-2005 07:00 PM

I play bad though so I have to make do with the skills that I have. Each and every month I am thrilled if I am at 1 BB/100 in ring games and 10% ROI in SNG's.

I call [censored] on the fact that everyone that reads 2+2 is at 2.5 BB/100 like most claim and 20% ROI on SNG's. I put forward that in limit poker anything over 1.5 to 2.0 is just running very very good.

Aces McGee 12-15-2005 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could I play poker full time over a long period? I guess while this week was extremely helpful it didn’t fully answer this question. I guess nothing really would except for trying it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great. So why did I bother reading this?

-McGee

12-15-2005 08:30 PM

PROFESSIONAL POKER is poker you make an income of off. Why do people assume you are only pro if you are making 6 digits? 20 bucks an hour, non taxed income, is a very decent living. Especially when you are free to travel, make your own hours, not shave or shower, and even jack off on the job.

12-15-2005 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The idea that you can determine what being a pro is like (the downswings, the monotony, psychological factors, etc.) from one week at poker is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH

12-15-2005 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PROFESSIONAL POKER is poker you make an income of off. Why do people assume you are only pro if you are making 6 digits? 20 bucks an hour, non taxed income, is a very decent living. Especially when you are free to travel, make your own hours, not shave or shower, and even jack off on the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. if you are a poker "pro" only making $20 an hour, you should get another job. Do you see why?

teamdonkey 12-15-2005 10:22 PM

wow... why all the hate? i thought the article was well written, and the guy was pretty realistic.

LImitPlayer 12-15-2005 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you're 10-tabling then you're making a crap ton of money

[/ QUOTE ]

If your 10 tabling and getting rakeback then your making a crap ton of money

ghostface 12-16-2005 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ummmmmmm i remember the time when 1bb per hour of live play was a pretty damn good win rate. playing 2-3 tables of 5-10 at 1bb/100 can make a very good living

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason 1bb/hour is good at live play is because you get 35 hands/hr.

StacysMom 12-16-2005 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. if you are a poker "pro" only making $20 an hour, you should get another job. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... what % of employed US population is making $20+/hr. I bet its not very high.