Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   NL600...is this the overbet we're supposed to do? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396426)

kipin 12-13-2005 04:34 AM

Re: NL600...is this the overbet we\'re supposed to do?

[ QUOTE ]
I'd check behind with a 9.. and I wouldn't call this huge overbet with a 9 either

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak....

zeero3 12-13-2005 05:31 AM

Re: Results and thoughts...

I agree w/ Soah. Overbet and hope for a call here.

einbert 12-13-2005 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd check behind with a 9.. and I wouldn't call this huge overbet with a 9 either

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you're very weak tight but you can't possibly be serious here.

bigfishead 12-13-2005 06:24 AM

This hand reaks of a busted draw on the river. Your only chance for payoff is a heart or str8 card IMO. In that case I love the overbet. Many made hands will call thinking you spiked the 9's only.

Kirkrrr 12-13-2005 09:13 AM

Looks good to me. I don't see him laydown down jacks full here anywhere near enough to not justify the overbet.

Edit: jacks or Nine's full, that is. The pot is pretty big.

Kirk

scdavis0 12-13-2005 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you're very weak tight but you can't possibly be serious here.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the guy goes crazy on a J996 turn and then checks when the board double pairs on the river, what hand am I supposed to be getting value from with just a naked 9? I'm not going to check because I know he has quads or jacks full or J9, but because I'm going to put him squarely on either a bluff, the same hand, or a better hand.

Hattifnatt 12-13-2005 01:05 PM

Perfect time for the overbet IMO. nh

Marlow 12-13-2005 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check raise

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I liked the overbet lead, but now I see that this is winning so much more money over the longrun. A 9 or JJ is all-in no matter what the line. Any non-9 has a shot to donate if checked to.

vnh

Leptyne 12-13-2005 01:56 PM

My stats tell me that the only possible holdings for UTG+1 are 99, JJ, AJs. JJ should raise pre-flop, but with such low PFR one could not rule out a limp here. The play is a standard line for a flopped over-full, trying to help you make something and keep you in the pot. The turn call also fits the line for the over-full. On the river it won't make any difference what you do. The over-full or quads will put their money in. An AJs will fold or check behind.

Line looks solid to me.

12-13-2005 02:43 PM

Nice hand.

Dumle