Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Puke- What a horrible ad (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372674)

bobman0330 11-06-2005 04:43 PM

Re: Puke- What a horrible ad

[ QUOTE ]
Huh??? Do you know anything about Socrates?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, read the Symposium...

whiskeytown 11-06-2005 04:48 PM

I saw a great bumper sticker today...

it said "Every time you mix religion and politics, someone gets burned at the stake"

Amen...

RB

CORed 11-06-2005 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"There is no non-religious rationale for discriminating against same-sex couples that is reasonable."

This is not true. Homosexuals clearly break natural law,

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, thanks for bringing that to my attention. What "natural law" do they break?
What the heck is "natural law" anyway, and why should I care if somebody breaks it?
[ QUOTE ]
and their inability to produce offspring is detrimental to the human race.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, humanity is dying out because of all those non-reproducing homoxexuals. Oh, wait: We're at six billion and still rising.
[ QUOTE ]
Also, for them to get the tax benefits of a normal couple would be a drain on the economy.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the most interesting statement in this whole, confused post. I always hear about the "marriage penalty". I was under the impression that married people pay more taxes, at least if both spouses are working. Then again, maybe you're a supply sider and meant to say that the aditional taxation would be a drain on the economy.
[ QUOTE ]

The pagan philosophers all condemned homosexuality as well. This is not a "Christian" thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you for demonstrating your ignorance. I'm sure that there were some pagans against homoxeuality, but "all" is certainly not correct. The ancient Greeks were very tolerant of homosexuality, as were some American Indian tribes. Intolerance of homosexuality is a common, but by no means universal trait of human cultures.

Manque 11-06-2005 05:57 PM

Isn't the reason we vote to impose our will on others?

Borodog 11-06-2005 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't the reason we vote to impose our will on others?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why some of us don't vote.

hmkpoker 11-06-2005 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, for them to get the tax benefits of a normal couple would be a drain on the economy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is more of an argument to deny heterosexuals tax benefits. (which, incidentally, I'd be in favor of)

coffeecrazy1 11-06-2005 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you expect from a bunch of drunken hillbillies who believe in a magical, non-existant figure as their savior?

[/ QUOTE ]

Resisting...urge to...feed...troll...

Peter666 11-06-2005 08:12 PM

You think I haven't? I have not read so many retarded statements in one thread as I have here.

Peter666 11-06-2005 08:13 PM

Good, it should. Let the burnings begin.

Peter666 11-06-2005 08:15 PM

Without heterosexuals, you don't have a family, the basis of a society.