Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Another hand with Padawon's Master (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403557)

gopnik 12-22-2005 05:59 PM

Re: Another hand with Padawon\'s Master

I really feel like folding preflop. If you flop an A or J, you are going to be stuck between to raisers for the rest of the hand.

car ramrod 12-22-2005 05:59 PM

pf is not bad, I may just fold it, would button be playing his low stack off with a crap hand?
Flop call is ok, turn is ok to draw to your gutshot, but
what do you do when you hit an A on the river?

gopnik 12-22-2005 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Pay off for the bad preflop call [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

12-22-2005 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Pay off for the bad preflop call [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yes! self-imposed punishment! I like it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

12-22-2005 06:06 PM

IMO the preflop call is -EV. But I can understand it. As long as you bare in mind that whether Cheif is trying to put a move on or not, he has an edge over your hand the majority of the time.

The flop call is marginal as well. Especially as you could face a raise from Button trying to blow off his shortstack.

On the turn, you're beating nothing and this risk of a raise behind you is just as great.

I think I fold preflop and watch Button win the pot with 33.

chief444 12-22-2005 06:22 PM

I cap with 88 preflop in this situation. You played this one fine.

QTip 12-22-2005 09:03 PM

Kwaz:

Button has 1 BB left on the turn. This is no fearing a raise, and I highly doubt he's folding. That's 10:1, and I'll pick up at least one more if I hit my gutshot.

12-22-2005 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kwaz:

Button has 1 BB left on the turn. This is no fearing a raise, and I highly doubt he's folding. That's 10:1, and I'll pick up at least one more if I hit my gutshot.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. I should learn to pay attention and count.

Turn is fine.

It also changes my opinion of the flop slightly. Even if Button does raise, theoretically you close the action for the rest of the hand.

I like the hand a little more every time I look at it.

QTip 12-22-2005 10:02 PM

Happy Ending for QTip:

Qs fell on river, Chief bets and pays off my raise with AA after calling me a huge fish.

Rootabager 12-22-2005 10:10 PM

There is the chance the button will raise behind you, then the small with 3 bet. That puts you in a bad spot. Same thing applies on the turn is it might get raised behind you. I would fold preflop( i hate writing that in replies because i hate it when ppl do that) but the Hand is terrible to play. Your not giogn to be happy with many flops besides broadway, trips, etc. Your always wondering if you are going to be crushed. Only call if you have numbers on the players that says they are ultra lag.