Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   I've finally discovered the value in chip shuffling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379960)

cwsiggy 11-18-2005 01:05 AM

Re: I\'ve finally discovered the value in chip shuffling

[ QUOTE ]
The first step in fixing my problem is admitting I have a problem, so here I am; I admit I can't sit still and I need action at the table!

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you considered props? Daniel Negreanu is a newly minted props addict.

MrDannimal 11-18-2005 01:33 PM

Partly because I'm not terribly co-ordinated (although I can juggle 3 objects), partly because I don't want to provide any reason to think I might be good, and partly because I'm lazy I don't shuffle.

In fact, the rare times I try it live, I usually end up looking goofy, so I guess that helps.

I used to look at chip shufflers/trickers and think "warning flag! be careful until you learn more." but now overwhelming experience has left me with "likely TV watching donkey. Exploit at will." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

WDC 11-18-2005 01:36 PM

The only chip trick I have completely mastered is the one where they disappear from my stack. This is usually accomplished by three betting into the nuts. Amazingly, it works every time.

11-18-2005 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only chip trick I have completely mastered is the one where they disappear from my stack. This is usually accomplished by three betting into the nuts. Amazingly, it works every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yea, that's an easy one. first trick I learned in fact.

SjPdX 11-18-2005 04:11 PM

I can do the center drop and spin move because I sit in front of the computer for a few hours a day and play. I've actually gotten pretty good at it.

I feel really uncomfortable doing it at a B&M table because then I look like a tool who spends way too much time in a poker room and draws attention to myself. I prefer to not show skills that indicate a poorly spent youth when I'm trying to collect opponents chips.

If someone is showing off with their 'too many hours in a poker room' skills, I generally try to show how inept I am and outwardly marvel at their skill. It's been worth a few big bets for me.

Benoit 11-18-2005 07:37 PM

Yeah, I really didn't want to start for fear of looking like a tard or having the table think differently of me. But I think it's more -EV for me to get bored, so I didn't have much of a choice.

11-19-2005 06:58 AM

I should start a chip trick class.