Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Preflop quiz (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388503)

MadMat 11-30-2005 05:42 PM

Re: Preflop quiz

without having read any other replies

[ QUOTE ]
Suppose you are in a full ring game 10 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

(1) It's folded to you in MP. What do you do with:
a) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] RAISE
b) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] FOLD
c) K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] RAISE
d) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] RAISE
e) J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] RAISE
f) T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] RIASE

(2) You are in MP again but this time there's an EP limper. Same hands:
a) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] CALL
b) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] CALL
c) K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] CALL
d) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] RAISE
e) J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] CALL
f) T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] CALL

(3) You are on the CO and it's folded yo tou. You have:
a) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] RAISE
b) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] RAISE
c) Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] RAISE
d) J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] RAISE
e) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] RAISE
f) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] RAISE

Mat

11-30-2005 05:44 PM

1)
a) Fold (A8s)
b) Raise (A4s)
c) Raise (K9s)
d) Raise (KJo)
e) Raise (J9s)
f) Limp (T9s)

2)
a) Fold (A8s)
b) Call (A4s)
c) Fold (K9s)
d) Fold (KJo)
e) Call (J9s)
f) Call (T9s)

3)
a) Limp (44)
b) Raise (KTo)
c) Raise (Q8s)
d) Fold (J8s)
e) Raise (T9s)
f) Raise (98s)

Note: I'm pretty new, and I did not read the responses before posting this. Now you all know how badly I suck.

beset7 11-30-2005 05:53 PM

Why are people raising T9s but folding A4s? That's counter-intuitive to me. Same thing with playing K9s but not A4s. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 59.0336 % 57.14% 01.90% { A4s }
Hand 2: 40.9664 % 39.07% 01.90% { random }

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 54.0275 % 52.38% 01.65% { T9s }
Hand 2: 45.9725 % 44.32% 01.65% { random }

11-30-2005 05:55 PM

Isn't A4s better than A8s because of the added straight draw? It might be marginal but I think it makes it a better hand.

Pilket

MrWookie47 11-30-2005 06:11 PM

Definitely not. A8s is less likely to be dominated, and you're even more likely to win hitting an 8 than hitting a 4. You might be able to say that A5 is better than A6, but A8 v. A4 is clearly in favor of A8.

DMBFan23 11-30-2005 06:16 PM

A4s has more equity heads up, but will have more reverse implied odds with the low kicker, and a higher chance of domination. with T9s, you are more likely to have 6 clean pair outs, and you can flop some sweet draws to see the turn more often to boot. also with T9s you are comfortable hitting both pairs, where with A4s flopped 4s present a tough spot sometimes. your flush is lower, but this is fairly negligible.

HU you want A4s more because you are going to showdown UI more often, and you can leave your non-Ace opponent drawing very thin with the right flop. which is what your pokerstoving is showing

but most of the time I'd rather have the T9s

car ramrod 11-30-2005 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see plenty of tight blinds on prima and absolute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shillx 11-30-2005 06:43 PM

Sorry dude, but this is terrible. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Group 1: Raise them all.

Group 2: Raise all but maybe A4 and T9 and J9.

Group 3: Raise them all.

Brad

tyler_cracker 11-30-2005 06:45 PM

Late grunch so everyone can see how much i suck at preflop (in spite of preflop being "gay" and me also being gay):

(1) It's folded to you in MP. What do you do with:
a) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] RAISE
b) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] FOLD
c) K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] FOLD
e) J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] FOLD
f) T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] FOLD

(2) You are in MP again but this time there's an EP limper. Same hands:
a) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] CALL
b) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] CALL
c) K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] FOLD
d) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] CALL
e) J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] CALL
f) T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] CALL

(3) You are on the CO and it's folded yo tou. You have:
a) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] RAISE
b) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] RAISE
c) Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] FOLD
d) J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] FOLD
e) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] FOLD
f) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] FOLD

beset7 11-30-2005 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A4s has more equity heads up, but will have more reverse implied odds with the low kicker, and a higher chance of domination. with T9s, you are more likely to have 6 clean pair outs, and you can flop some sweet draws to see the turn more often to boot. also with T9s you are comfortable hitting both pairs, where with A4s flopped 4s present a tough spot sometimes. your flush is lower, but this is fairly negligible.

HU you want A4s more because you are going to showdown UI more often, and you can leave your non-Ace opponent drawing very thin with the right flop. which is what your pokerstoving is showing

but most of the time I'd rather have the T9s

[/ QUOTE ]

This make sense.

W/r to the poll:

Group 1: I raise all these

Group 2: I raise most of them

Group 3: I raise all of them