Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Phish (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399548)

mrkilla 12-16-2005 10:59 AM

Re: Phish

need a "magoo" fest at the next Summer Festival hahaha

Los Feliz Slim 12-16-2005 11:14 AM

My feelings are mixed about this. The LAST thing in the world anyone wants is for them to periodically get back together for "one more show". If Trey promises to keep his head out of his ass and be in a BAND instead of being a jackass, this could be great. But I really don't want them to do any further harm to their legacy, which happens to be very important to me.

RunDownHouse 12-16-2005 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But I really don't want them to do any further harm to their legacy, which happens to be very important to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? That seems like a very odd statement. Could you explain a little bit more why you have such a vested interest in the public perception of Phish?

Slow Play Ray 12-16-2005 11:30 AM

I just like Phish shows. As long as they're playing well and Trey's not drunk or strung-out on God-knows-what, I don't care why they're playing, or what anyone thinks about them.

mrkilla 12-16-2005 11:30 AM

well if you read up, apparently they were all in drug coma's , i mean its a known fact that Trey like his Wine and blow, but apparently it was becoming a "habit" instead of something to party with

KDawgCometh 12-16-2005 12:43 PM

WOOHOO. When I was at the Trey show at roseland, He brought out page, and said that they were calling their little band, "half-way there." He has also been playing tons of phish songs at his shows(well, not tons, but, ya know)

Clarkmeister 12-16-2005 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yawn- phish blown and I can't stand the wannabe stoner losers who won't shut up about them

[/ QUOTE ]

Los Feliz Slim 12-16-2005 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But I really don't want them to do any further harm to their legacy, which happens to be very important to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? That seems like a very odd statement. Could you explain a little bit more why you have such a vested interest in the public perception of Phish?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I didn't phrase that correctly, I was referring more to how I remember Phish (and the crowd who followed them) from 1989-1996. So I guess it's a personal legacy. Those were my formative years, and many of my hardest AND most cherished memories were while travelling to shows and/or listening to the music. This may be a function of my own naivete, but when Trey started getting so [censored] up and self-centered, I took it personally.

tolbiny 12-16-2005 01:20 PM

November 2001-
2 guys, 93 civic- cleveland -> sandiego.
1 tape.

I hate phish, i still wake up with that [censored] DAVID BOWIE "song" running through my head.

God i [censored] hate phish.

Slow Play Ray 12-16-2005 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i still wake up with that [censored] DAVID BOWIE "song" running through my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

catchy, isn't it? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]