Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   anyone else anxiously awaiting "Walk the Line"? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377870)

lighterjobs 11-14-2005 12:08 AM

Re: anyone else anxiously awaiting \"Walk the Line\"?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about anxiously awaiting, but I'm curious. I saw one awful Hollywood-looking inspirational moment that loosened all my cheese and made me have my doubts about the movie. "Cash" is holding up adorable Reese Witherspoon on stage, who is backlit and beaming in the usual hokey chick romance flick way, looking, well, adorable, as Phoenix looks adoringly up at her. What a wonderful moment! I'm sure I've seen that exact shot in at least a dozen John Travolta movie posters from his own adorable period, as well as on countless other saccharine movie posters. I tell you, it gave me a chill. If the movie Reese Witherspoons it up too much, then Golly! It will be just adorable. I'm not sure that's the tack I want to see a story about this dude take.

Brrr...chills, I tell ya. Just, the chills.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope this isn't the case.

Brainwalter 11-14-2005 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think joaquin phoenix has passed the point of being referred to as river phoenix' brother, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

has he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. He has a gimmick account and River doesn't.

dblgutshot 11-14-2005 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think joaquin phoenix has passed the point of being referred to as river phoenix' brother, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

has he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

El Ishmael 11-14-2005 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

has he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. He is alive and River isn't .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

thabadguy 11-14-2005 12:48 AM

Cant wait to go watch this, then sneak into harry potter next door with the girl.

TheNoodleMan 11-14-2005 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

has he?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think so, but it is an arguable point.

Blarg 11-14-2005 01:01 AM

Time marches on. I bet there are plenty of people who've never seen River in a movie and don't even know who he is.

Then again, Joacquin isn't exactly a household name either, despite being in some big movies.

astroglide 11-14-2005 01:05 AM

i'm a joaquin fan and a cash fan. i'm not totally excited though and it does make me feel a little cheapened to pay money for what was no doubt greenlighted as 'ray 2.0'.

willie 11-14-2005 01:10 AM

yeah i'm pumped for this flick......

TheCroShow 11-14-2005 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm a joaquin fan and a cash fan. i'm not totally excited though and it does make me feel a little cheapened to pay money for what was no doubt greenlighted as 'ray 2.0'.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope joaquin gets the same sympathy vote when it comes to the oscars