Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Michael Irvin Arrested (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386363)

tdarko 11-28-2005 12:18 AM

Re: Michael Irvin Arrested

i actually drove by this going home. sucks he still has problems, he's a nice guy about as a good a father a druggie could be (if that means anything, prolly not).

HDPM 11-28-2005 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it customary for the police to search your vehicle after you're pulled over for speeding?

[/ QUOTE ]

Per the article, stopped for speeding, they found a warrant for speeding. Presumably he was arrested on the warrant. Once arrested on the warrant the car is going to be searched either as a search incident to arrest or an impound inventory. Usually search incident to arrest. Customary and routine.

pokerdirty 11-28-2005 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Customary and routine.

[/ QUOTE ]

on a tan 87 Buick.

Daliman 11-28-2005 01:06 AM

Anyone else think this could really hurt his broadcast career?

He had a really bad rep 5 years ago which he seemed to successfully rehab, but if this story gets big, i think he loses his job, or is scaled back at least.

11-28-2005 01:41 PM

Every time I read an article about an NFL player, or former player, getting arrested I remember that cornerback, I think it was Ty Law, if I'm not mistaken, who tried to outrun a fat cop with 50 lbs. of gear and couldn't. When the cop tackled him (how funny is that) he yelled, "don't touch me" or something to that effect.
Edit Here's the story. Just visualize it. It'll make you laugh for days.

Wes ManTooth 11-28-2005 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its amazing that people like him, with his off the feild history, get a job in broadcasting to begin with.

wayabvpar 11-28-2005 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who doesn't hate michael irvin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed that for ya.

ChoicestHops 11-28-2005 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Police spokesman Mike Johnson said he didn't know what kind of paraphernalia was found.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder why he said this. Is it not politically correct to say they found marijuana resign? How can you not know what drug was being used.

Boris 11-28-2005 06:22 PM

Michael Irvin is so cool.

11-28-2005 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its amazing that people like him, with his off the feild history, get a job in broadcasting to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only that, but he still can rarely talk without sounding like a thug. You can't tell me he's the best option, off-field problems aside.