Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Anyone every try icewine? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397299)

12-13-2005 08:38 AM

Re: Anyone every try icewine?

[ QUOTE ]
celiboy,

ICEWINE IS PEOPLE

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! That was great!

Slow Play Ray 12-13-2005 08:50 AM

It's pretty good - not a scam at all. They generally only come in 1/2 bottles though, which kind of sucks. It is very sweet-tasting, even compared to regular white wine. It's not something I am going to buy for myself very often, but it makes a great holiday gift for people who think they are wine aficionados!

jgorham 12-13-2005 09:01 AM

Please God don't let the ice nine fall into the wrong hands!

mrkilla 12-13-2005 10:00 AM

Its pretty good, Being up in the Niagara Falls/Ontario Area alot you see it all the time. Actualy took a a vineyard tour and you see how they make it etc in Canada. Its ultra sweet, a real desert wine. Its not like grape juice with alchol, but its close.

Diplomat 12-13-2005 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty good - not a scam at all. They generally only come in 1/2 bottles though, which kind of sucks. It is very sweet-tasting, even compared to regular white wine. It's not something I am going to buy for myself very often, but it makes a great holiday gift for people who think they are wine aficionados!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, icewine can also be made from red grapes.

-Diplomat

12-13-2005 10:21 AM

It's very good.

However, if you want a cheaper dessert wine alternative, try a Moscato, first. My wife only drinks Moscato.

Surprisingly enough, Sutter Home makes a decent bottle that you can get for about $3 that will at least get you a idea on what to expect.

Slow Play Ray 12-13-2005 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, icewine can also be made from red grapes.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Never seen any - where can I get some?

fyodor 12-13-2005 12:01 PM

icewine is sweet

MrMon 12-13-2005 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dessert wines are traditionally sold in half-bottles. This makes them more affordable and more practicle. The traditional dessert wine is Sauternes, made from moldy grapes, and you really aren't supposed to drink a lot of it at one time. I suspect ice wine is the same thing. (If you want to get technical, icewine and Sauternes are supposed to be served in the same type of glass, go here for everything you ever wanted to know about wine and the proper glass.) It's more an after dinner drink like cognac or brandy, meant to accompany a sweet dessert, not to be drunk alone, and definitely not to excess, way too expensive for that.