Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Poker Stars SUCKS, Paradise Poker is far better (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399914)

DarkKnight 12-17-2005 12:23 AM

Re: Poker Stars SUCKS, Paradise Poker is far better

[ QUOTE ]
Stupid PokerStars protecting themselves from fraud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quicksilvre 12-17-2005 12:25 AM

There are very reasonable reasons why PS turned your request down. You need not play there if you don't like it.

roundest 12-17-2005 12:35 AM

It sounds like your real problem is with the state of Maryland. Move.

jman220 12-17-2005 12:47 AM

Your post actually shows how professional and courteous stars support is. Good Job Stars.

To Op: You need to learn some patience. They gave you other options. Wait a week, or, send them a check. Its not their fault Neteller is illegal in Maryland.

NSchandler 12-17-2005 12:51 AM

I think this post illustrates exactly how cool Pokerstars is.

Right now, it seems the worst that PS has done to somebody is not increase their deposit limits beyond $600 in under an hour.

Meanwhile, Party Poker has jerked around every so-called VIP by reneging on their agreement and failing to even notify members when (if?) their VIP offers will be extended for December.

If I were PS, I'd advertise this thread.

12-17-2005 12:54 AM

Yeah, you'd think PS would capitalize on this disdain for potty.

Pokeraddict 12-17-2005 01:04 AM

I think Poker Stars will soon be the #1 for ring game players, they are already #1 for tournaments. I think they will capitalize on the pitiful support and endless lies of Party Poker. Hopefully they will not make the same blackjack mistake.

12-17-2005 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you'd think PS would capitalize on this disdain for potty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they really need to do anything to do so. The people who play a lot on multiple sites who share the disdain for party surely know about Stars and their reputation. The people that only play on party probably can't be bothered to change sites.

The one thing I would do if I were them is to make a commercial touting their reputation for customer service. I'm sure they're going to do a Hachem commercial. Instead of saying something about becoming a world champion, they can have him say something about respecting players and championship customer service or some such drek.

jman220 12-17-2005 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully they will not make the same blackjack mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the point of view of Party being a business designed to make as much money as possible, how was blackjack a mistake?

StacysMom 12-17-2005 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Poker Stars will soon be the #1 for ring game players, they are already #1 for tournaments. I think they will capitalize on the pitiful support and endless lies of Party Poker. Hopefully they will not make the same blackjack mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

would you like to place a wager on this?