Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   How would you react? B&M Confrontation last night (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377036)

Rick Nebiolo 11-12-2005 03:08 PM

Re: How would you react? B&M Confrontation last night

Two more points.

If you let every irritating thing in a card room actually irritate you, you would be irritated most of your time playing cards. This is -EV.

If you don't want to take Andy Fox's approach or the silent approach I mentioned in response, try this. Look right in his eye with your best "Al Pacino at the end of the first Godfather look" and walk away.

~ Rick

Slacker13 11-12-2005 03:10 PM

On the ride home I thought of better ways to handle it. But going over an shaking his hand will never be an option for me. If he had just said bye bye, its one thing, sticking your hand in my face is another. It is something I don't tolerate.

surfinillini 11-12-2005 03:20 PM

Tell him the Jerkstore called and they're running out of stock.

11-12-2005 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Who cares? You're their best seller!"

surfinillini 11-12-2005 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Who cares? You're their ALL-TIME best seller!"

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

scrapperdog 11-12-2005 04:06 PM

If someone did this to me I would look at him in disgust, wish the rest of the table good luck, and walk away.

mostsmooth 11-12-2005 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would smile, walk over, shake his hand, and wish him good luck. I'd show him what it's like to be a gentleman. Never understimate the power of a good example. Even if it doesn't change his behavior, I won't have to make a post about how I told somebody to go f*ck himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

But what if you go to shake his hand and then he pulls away at the last moment and slicks his hair back? Can you really risk it?

No. You can't.

The only option is to kill his whole family, his families friends, and even the people that owe him money. Then disappear.

[/ QUOTE ]
this isnt right. if you kill him, the people that owed him money now owe you money. you dont kill them until after they pay you. killing people that owe you money is -ev

cardcounter0 11-12-2005 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it hard to believe that this guy did this out of nowhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't get out much, do you?
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

11-12-2005 06:46 PM

I'd find it very tough to walk away without saying anything, and yet I know that is the best way to upset this guy, so this is a tough call and I wouldn't KNOW how I would react til it happened (hopefully never does).
Best thing to do though is keep it simple I think. Either walk away or just tell this dude to take a flying leap and then walk away.

shant 11-12-2005 07:31 PM

I would've LOLed really loud at him and then wished everyone else good luck and left. He'd look like the piece of [censored] he is.