Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   When should I have KNOWN I was BEAT?? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394082)

adanthar 12-08-2005 01:03 PM

Re: When should I have KNOWN I was BEAT??

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (t50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t40</font>, BB calls t40.

[/ QUOTE ]

"I have something worth calling (K, J, draw, [possibly] air)"

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (t130) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t190</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

Either: "I have a real hand (AK, 2 pair+)" or "your weak bet is making me steal this"

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t320</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

"I am sort of a donk by 2+2 standards so I'll just scream 'monster' at you as loud as I can"

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t1470</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

"No seriously, mine's bigger"

If he can have a combo draw or AA/AK, call, if not, fold (this isn't exactly K3/K8 so I'm not sure what you're expecting to see). In the future, never make a 3 bet like you did into a thinking player, because you're not getting a worse hand to call/better hand to fold.

bones 12-08-2005 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Top 2 vs. Bottom set is always brutal. Who was your villian? Against Toro, for example, I just call the turn checkraise and call his river lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Durron... it was Patrico - and he's usually pretty good at mixing up his strategy I think... so was hard for me to read. (Thanx for the insight on Toro... for another time!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I would just call Patricio also [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I'd also just call against cha59, bluefeet, and mark24, and others.

I play it like you did against, well, me... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], LittleStuey, macattack, gumpzilla, others..

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not 4 betting anything that she beats.

12-08-2005 01:42 PM

raising&gt;calling&gt;folding. remember this is 5 handed. KJs weak hand at a full table, but 5 handed...

SeaSiren 12-08-2005 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t320</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]
"I am sort of a donk by 2+2 standards so I'll just scream 'monster' at you as loud as I can"
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t1470</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup - I hear you loud &amp; clear now... you're not the only one who (privately - later) screamed 'monster' at me at this point!
Thanx for taking the time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

12-08-2005 02:39 PM

Does anyone put him on a set here? Seems like an extreme overbet by villain? I don't think I let 2 pair go here. The only thing I can put villain on would be 2 pair. He (villain) was awful passive and I think incorrect on the flop. He has to figure an A,Q or T would have potential of scaring hero away or make hero's hand. For this reason I would presume he caught 2nd pair or was bluffing and I have to call.