Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   How to Find a Shark (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=135967)

boedeker 10-15-2004 12:53 AM

Re: How to Find a Shark

you should go to financial aid tell them the situation and take out a private student loan.

AncientPC 10-15-2004 01:10 AM

I'm more worried about this:
[ QUOTE ]
Registered on 04/04/04 04:04 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

In Chinese / Japanese, the #4 is an unlucky number because it has the same pronouciation as the worth 'death'.

BusterStacks 10-15-2004 02:26 AM

send me front and back copies of your drivers license and SS# as well as a phone # for verification and we'll talk.

montechristo 10-15-2004 02:50 AM

Re: How to Find a Shark answer to replies

-no not a joke. Missed the "rounders" reference.

-Okay financial advisor. Yes just started in March, work part-time with Primerica/Citigroup totally on commission. Have to provide all my own leads etc. Not an easy task at 22, new to NYC (brooklyn). Moved in august and it has been a 3 month process to get my life insurance license transferred here, i am sitting for series 6/63 in two weeks. Also I go to school full-time so it is difficult. I am a smart guy and good with money but I'm in a tough situation right now.\

jakethebake 10-15-2004 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm more worried about this:
[ QUOTE ]
Registered on 04/04/04 04:04 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

In Chinese / Japanese, the #4 is an unlucky number because it has the same pronouciation as the worth 'death'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to know...

jakethebake 10-15-2004 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a smart guy and good with money...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh that's obvious. You're broke and looking for a loan shark. I suggest telling the bank you also gamble that can only help your cause.

skunkworks 10-15-2004 03:17 PM

Working for an MLM / Pyramid Scheme doesn't count as being a financial advisor. Let me guess, to get the job you needed to pay training fees and background check fees? And now that you're a financial advisor, they're asking you to bring in your friends to become financial advisors as well? Sorry to [censored] in your thread, but I really really hate MLM schemes.

montechristo 10-15-2004 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Working for an MLM / Pyramid Scheme doesn't count as being a financial advisor. Let me guess, to get the job you needed to pay training fees and background check fees? And now that you're a financial advisor, they're asking you to bring in your friends to become financial advisors as well? Sorry to [censored] in your thread, but I really really hate MLM schemes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually no and no. Citigroup is the largest financial company in the world with a trillion dollars in assets. Primerica is part of their financial "umbrella", and they have over 100,000 licensed financial advisors, about 35,000 of whom work full time. The only thing I paid for was my insurance license ($50) in CO and the company sponsors you for series 6/63.

-there are a lot of aspects of the situation people, medical bills, etc. Also why does everyone assume that a "loan shark" private lender, etc. is automatically affilliated with the mob? Sure there are consequences if you don't pay but there are a lot of people in this country who cannot go to banks and rely on these private methods of finance. Get out of your suburban dreamworld.

Tyler Durden 10-15-2004 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-there are a lot of aspects of the situation people, medical bills, etc. Also why does everyone assume that a "loan shark" private lender, etc. is automatically affilliated with the mob? Sure there are consequences if you don't pay but there are a lot of people in this country who cannot go to banks and rely on these private methods of finance. Get out of your suburban dreamworld.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. You guys need to get out of your suburban dreamworld.

Michael Davis 10-15-2004 05:40 PM

"I agree. You guys need to get out of your suburban dreamworld."

You're right. First time crimes generally don't carry THAT long of sentences, unless they become extremely violent. Plus, if you do it well and in the suburbs, you have a reasonable enough chance of getting away with an armed robbery or something.

-Michael