Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Sanity Check (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320624)

Ulysses 08-23-2005 04:11 AM

Re: Sanity Check

If he can have busted hearts, call. If not, fold.

KaneKungFu123 08-23-2005 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you realize hero only has about 2k left, and is getting almost 3-1 to call?

i never fold.

Ulysses 08-23-2005 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you realize hero only has about 2k left, and is getting almost 3-1 to call?

i never fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. That's why raw hand histories suck and people should write out hands or use a converter or something.

Ray Zee 08-23-2005 11:36 AM

jen, you put yourself in this spot by not getting enough in earlier. he knows you have a big hand here. its no secret. so bet enough so that he isnt in a position to bluff you out on the end and enough so he doesnt have decent odds to play his draw. which is what he had. the play was to move in on 4th street.

flawless_victory 08-23-2005 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jen, you put yourself in this spot by not getting enough in earlier. he knows you have a big hand here. its no secret. so bet enough so that he isnt in a position to bluff you out on the end and enough so he doesnt have decent odds to play his draw. which is what he had. the play was to move in on 4th street.

[/ QUOTE ]this is PL. she has bet/raised full pot at every single opportunity.

gergery 08-23-2005 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And what if the game is Pot Limit HE?

Ray Zee 08-23-2005 10:53 PM

oh well, sorry jen i miss read the post. you played it fine and had a tough decision but should probably fold against most players. but perhaps should have checked on 4th against an agressive player that would likely bluff on the river.

creedofhubris 08-24-2005 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh well, sorry jen i miss read the post. you played it fine and had a tough decision but should probably fold against most players. but perhaps should have checked on 4th against an agressive player that would likely bluff on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold getting 3:1 on a river call with top set? Against a LAG who is representing a running flush?

I don't see it, I would call for sure.

Ulysses 08-24-2005 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold getting 3:1 on a river call with top set? Against a LAG who is representing a running flush?

I don't see it, I would call for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno about Ray, but I said fold based on this: Villain bets [$4563]. Looks like she had substantially less than that left, though.

radioheadfan 08-24-2005 01:59 AM

Villian couldn't have flopped the nuts and played it like this? Running flush is also possible but I make a crying call here with the odds I'm getting on my money.

He showed you JT didn't he?