Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AK free flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=219618)

SA125 03-25-2005 02:33 AM

Results

Turn blank. Checked to me, bet, call, call.

River blank. Same action. Worked out well. Who can tell if betting the flop gets them to pay off the turn and river?

I've got TPTK with a 1 outer to the nut str. I was the PF raiser with position. It's a Bway rainbow flop. On odds alone, if I'm ahead now, how many cards can hurt me? They're mostly all 2 and 3 outers.

I risked a free card to the 2 and 3 out hands I was ahead of for some deception and calls on the BB's. It's not a default play. It's mixing it up when either way ahead or behind. Just an idea.

mr pink 03-25-2005 02:48 AM

Re: Results

KT and less would have paid off to the river.

CallMeIshmael 03-25-2005 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who can tell if betting the flop gets them to pay off the turn and river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't think of a board (other than like KcQcJd) on which the typical party 2/4 players is more likey to call betting to the river.

I do see that, for the most part, the free card isnt killing you. The bet is for value. Let them pay you off.

sfer 03-25-2005 03:08 AM

Re: AK free flop

Pot's big enough where giving a free card can really hurt you (you want gutshots to call) but not so large that you want to induce a bet so you can force the field to call 2 on the turn. This is a straightfoward flop be for me.

If it went 5 limpers to you on the button and the pot is 13 SBs, then we have something to discuss, I think.

TripleH68 03-25-2005 04:27 AM

If I limped with pocket 6s I am loving the flop check and folding to the turn bet anyway. If I am in the BB and called with J8s, thank you very much.

If it costs you the pot even once in awhile it doesn't seem worth it.

SA125 03-25-2005 04:59 AM

Results..responses

sfer talks about the size of the pot. Good point. Someone else said 66 or J8s is folding the turn. That I have to disagree with to a certain extent because the players in online LL's tend to call down PP's as small as 22 no matter the board. Someone said KTo is calling down, which I agree with. It helps us more than hurts us if he hits his T.

All good responses. I took a different line for 2 reasons. One is I want to see who'll chase the PF raiser on that board and payoff. The second is I have to mix it up sometimes. I know I probably have equity, etc. I want to see sometimes who, if anyone, is bringing the action when I check it there.

Sometimes you bet and it's folded around. Nothing wrong with that. But let's see what a check brings to the chasers. Thanks for the responses.

RustedCorpse 03-25-2005 11:16 AM

Re: Results..responses

I like when people present a problem, then provide their own solution contrary to all advice.

Dariel86 03-25-2005 11:18 AM

I wouldn't think like that and I don't think that is the way you should think. Bet the flop, you don't want to get free cards if their behind.

BottlesOf 03-25-2005 12:13 PM

Ridiclulous

sinfulslick18 03-25-2005 02:00 PM

Bet the flop. Cannot let them see the turn for free
-sinful