Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Unintentional Humor From the Archives: The Newbie Chronicles (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401182)

Subfallen 12-20-2005 04:28 AM

Re: Unintentional Humor From the Archives: The Newbie Chronicles

un f'ing real

thx Dynasty

Army Eye 12-20-2005 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just read his book, instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I'll be reading it, but, I did look up its page on Amazon. The foundation of the book seems to be that studying tactics are the way for a weak player to improve. This is pretty much common knowledge, but, hey it's certainly better than his poker regimen.

Gunny Highway 12-20-2005 09:59 AM

Thanks, Dynasty.

Jerkass333 12-20-2005 12:52 PM

I love that guy who posts anonomously in order to not give away his poker alias.

pudley4 12-20-2005 02:39 PM

I'm getting frustrated all over again... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

BarronVangorToth 12-20-2005 03:30 PM

I figure enough "thanks" have been thrown into this thread, but, whatever, thanks for spotlighting this hilarious (unintentional or otherwise) series of posts.

Hopefully more will do this in the future as I'm sure there are some gems from yesteryear many of us have missed.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

jedi 12-20-2005 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, I’ve noticed that poor food has recently become much cheaper. Both McDonald’s and Burger King now have a dollar menu. I have tried McDonald’s Big ‘n Tasty, a hamburger which is neither big nor tasty but does cost only one dollar and it does have quite a few calories. The cheapest food I have found is Maruchan Noodles which, when purchased in packages of twelve, costs only eighteen cents per package.

Using these techniques just about everyone can drastically reduce their food costs. I look forward to your comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Love this.

jedi 12-20-2005 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope he doesn't use this approach on girls...

I can see it now......

After reading 5 books about women and trying to pickup on hot chicks in my "Sims" game, I have been successful, but since there's this one chick on the game that turned me down, I will no longer pursue women.... or play poker....

[/ QUOTE ]

Another gem.

magithighs 12-21-2005 02:08 PM

Funny, I was just going through the archives, wondering what happened to a few of the players. It's kind of neat seeing us casual .5/1 players in 2000, aspiring to much higher levels. I remember playing with Vehn, DavidRoss, Cored, and SocietyRed in those days. And I rememver David whining about the dumb moves players were making -- "how can u raise with a group 7 hand UTG". I loved playing with David at the time.

I must thank you for all the great advice over the years, as well as all the other posters who had/have great advice -- Bernie and Clarkmeister come to mind.

Cheers
Magi

12-21-2005 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the most amazing post since Dynasty's Three Years in Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

By any chance do you have the link handy?