Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   TT Checkup (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380386)

PSW 11-17-2005 05:46 PM

Re: TT Checkup

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I prefer a check call on the river to a bet fold. I will almost never check fold this river even though it is a bad card. Players love bluffing the river ace.

[/ QUOTE ]
what 3 betting hands are we ahead of on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 99 but you would have to have a pretty good read on him to allow this (low) possibility, and it's still not enough of the hands possible to warrent a call. Unless you have been raising light and you think the 3-better knows this and is going small pair iso on you... which I doubt too...

psw

shant 11-17-2005 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer a check call on the river to a bet fold. I will almost never check fold this river even though it is a bad card. Players love bluffing the river ace.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're beating nothing in his 3-betting range so I wouldn't be too worried abouot him bluffing.

pyedog 11-17-2005 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
what 3 betting hands are we ahead of on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 99 but you would have to have a pretty good read on him to allow this (low) possibility, and it's still not enough of the hands possible to warrent a call. Unless you have been raising light and you think the 3-better knows this and is going small pair iso on you... which I doubt too...

psw

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe KQs too. Possibly KhQh but then maybe we'd expect him to be more aggressive on the flop.

Either way you're right, not a lot of hands that you're still ahead of when the Ace hits.

Interesting that everyone says to fold here. I think I agree too but I never actually do that in practice. I guess the only way a river call would make sense is if you were against a player who was super aggressive preflop who could be 3-betting with a medium pair and KQo as well.

SippinSoma 11-17-2005 08:16 PM

KhQh is the only KQ that makes it to that river UI. I think this is his hand as often as he slowplays jacks (if not, less frequently). Both of these situations represent what's going on a small % of the time.

me454555 11-17-2005 09:18 PM

This isn't true, I've seen people 3 bet 99 88 and other smaller pairs often enough where this is a fine call

me454555 11-17-2005 09:19 PM

I'd just call his pf 3 bet and play check/call check/call bet on the river folding to a raise.

the way you played it I'd bet and fold to a raise or check call. either one has merits. Check folding is horrible b/c I've seen people bluff w/KQ often enough or 3 bet and call w/low PPs often enough to make calling here correct

SippinSoma 11-18-2005 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't true, I've seen people 3 bet 99 88 and other smaller pairs often enough where this is a fine call

[/ QUOTE ]
But without a read, wouldn't you want to give him the average opponent's range? As far as I know, some people might 3-bet these PPs, but even more muck/cc them.

jason_t 11-18-2005 08:59 AM

Don't cap preflop. Postflop is fine.