Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Contest (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396097)

27offsooot 12-11-2005 06:30 PM

Re: Contest

I like marginal hand better. Mainly because i need to post more hands and i don't think i will win the analysis one.

LoaferGee12 12-11-2005 06:47 PM

Let's just do a good ole fashioned random number draw. That way I have a chance [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MrWookie47 12-11-2005 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about Best Analysis gets the $100, and the hand that provoked it gets the $50?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an interesting idea. It combines the two, effectively. I also fail to see how $100+$50 = $350, but maybe that will be worked out later.

Spicymoose 12-11-2005 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How about Best Analysis gets the $100, and the hand that provoked it gets the $50?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an interesting idea. It combines the two, effectively. I also fail to see how $100+$50 = $350, but maybe that will be worked out later.

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea seems interesting, but I feel it is a waste of my money. The contest is supposed to encourage people to post better, yet the winner who merely posts a hand isn't doing anything out of the ordinary.

The reason the money doesn't add up to $350 is cuz there will be another contest or two after this one. I wanted to get maximum value outa my money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Redd 12-11-2005 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea seems interesting, but I feel it is a waste of my money. The contest is supposed to encourage people to post better, yet the winner who merely posts a hand isn't doing anything out of the ordinary.

[/ QUOTE ]

One could argue that posting a hand requiring a great analysis is more difficult than the analysis itself.

scotty34 12-11-2005 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One could argue that posting a hand requiring a great analysis is more difficult than the analysis itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I'm always trying to find marginal and interesting hands to post. However, I'm pretty bad at it, because most of my hand posts are pretty boring or easy.

Weatherhead03 12-11-2005 10:47 PM

Personally I like the Most Marginal Hand idea the best. I usually find that I learn the most off hands that are very marginal and can go either way. This would also give me another incentive to try and dig up some of my marginal hands.

jba 12-11-2005 10:50 PM

I like the 100/50 split idea

Spicy : pretty cool how this turned out. I hope you don't hate me for ratting you out.

Spicymoose 12-11-2005 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Spicy : pretty cool how this turned out. I hope you don't hate me for ratting you out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, all is forgiven. I just feel sad for you, as you must have been watching that page for hours on end, hitting refresh every couple of seconds, and had your finger on the print screen button. Either that or you must be psychic.

scotty34 12-11-2005 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, all is forgiven. I just feel sad for you, as you must have been watching that page for hours on end, hitting refresh every couple of seconds, and had your finger on the print screen button. Either that or you must be psychic.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did this happen anyways? Is there a way that you can see which users are browsing which forum?