Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Friend Destroying $11s, should he move up? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=283333)

flyingmoose 06-29-2005 11:57 PM

Re: Friend Destroying $11s, should he move up?

[ QUOTE ]
is a 52% ITM really possible at the $11s?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've averaged a 67% ROI at the 11s... over 150 tournaments

Anything is possible if the sample size is small enough.

adanthar 06-29-2005 11:58 PM

His sample size is 16, right?

...actually, what *is* his sample size? If he can hit 52%, it gives more ammo to my 'I can train a monkey to beat this game' theory

PartySNGer 06-29-2005 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is a 52% ITM really possible at the $11s?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess. He's a real good player and the talent gap is enormous, so I guess it is possible. I still can't believe he's playing $11s, it's ridiculous.

Bluff Daddy 06-30-2005 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sadly, this is not a joke. My friend is a very talented poker player, but is probably the most risk averse inidividual on the planet. I made this post in the hopes that he would realize how ridiculous he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can't be good AND be risk averse.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what I was going to say

Freudian 06-30-2005 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course he can. If he has such a ROI it is obvious he isn't risk averse when it comes to the chips he plays with. He just is risk averse with his BR.

And I bet he feels good almost every night, since he made a profit that day.

Isura 06-30-2005 12:19 AM

Over my first 206 11s my stats are:
ROI: 45%
ITM: 47%

I've been playing SNGs for about 2 weeks. There's a sick amount of luck involved in poker.

Matt R. 06-30-2005 01:14 AM

Just tell him to at least test out the $20+2's. He's probably afraid that he'd lose there, and it sucks to go on a bad streak when you're starting to play double your buy-in. Once he tries them out, he'll probably realize that they're only very marginally harder and he'll realize how much more money he could be making.

Bluff Daddy 06-30-2005 01:16 AM

if he 4 tables he should mix in some higher limits but if he has a 8k br he didnt build it playing 10's

KJ o 06-30-2005 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if he 4 tables he should mix in some higher limits but if he has a 8k br he didnt build it playing 10's

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure this thread is serious, but for the sake of argument, let's assume it is.

This guy has a 40%+ROI, so 8k BR/($4/tourney) = 2k tourneys. He 4-tables, so that's 500 sets. Each set takes less than an hour, so that's less than 500 hr. 20 hr/week means half a year of calendar time. Why not?

Shilly 06-30-2005 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course he can. If he has such a ROI it is obvious he isn't risk averse when it comes to the chips he plays with. He just is risk averse with his BR.

And I bet he feels good almost every night, since he made a profit that day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Freudian. I am the same way, just not as extreme. I have built a five-figure BR from playing and still play the 20's & 30's. I'm ready to make the leap to higher limits, though.