Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Tough river card your move? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393215)

12-07-2005 11:25 AM

Re: Tough river card your move?

Grunch:

What else can you do? Bet & hope for the 9 or overpair.

IMO I think this post is far more interesting if you didn't show his call.

damaniac 12-07-2005 11:26 AM

Re: Results and some thoughts

On the flop he has an OESD to go with his flush draw, which gives him an equity edge HU against top pair/overcard hands.

crunchy1 12-07-2005 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop he has an OESD to go with his flush draw, which gives him an equity edge HU against top pair/overcard hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he has an edge - it's very slim. We're out of position against an aggressive player who we can be sure hit the flop in some way (given the OP's read). We're most certainly going to need to imporve to win, Villian is going to make us pay to get there and we have zero chance of taking down the pot UI.

In previous hands, according to the OP's read, Villian was aggressive when the other players had shown weakness. In this hand Villian is being aggressive after Hero has shown an interest in the pot. I think that taking this into consideration removes (or at least discounts) those overcard hands you mention from his range (and it won't take much to get Hero's equity down to 50% or lower once we start narrowing the range that Villian will raise the flop with).

If there is value in 3-betting the flop - it's slim. I don't think we (and I'm not accusing you of) should be referring to it as a standard play.

damaniac 12-07-2005 12:18 PM

No I don't consider it standard, but here's the equity breakdown.

If he's against top pair (say AT):
56/43, 51/49 if the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Against two pair: (T9)
51/49

Actually if you give him a range of AA-99, 22, AT-T9s and o, you still have an edge. But I agree, very slight and you aren't winning without improvement, so best just to go easy on it and bet/call. One more person sticks around and you cap that.

12-07-2005 12:21 PM

preflop, limp is fine in my book. This is 2/4 not 15/30

flop: bet/call THEN

turn: check/raise

river: check/call

LLL

krimson 12-07-2005 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the flop is the worst street in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
With 15 outs we have around a 60% equity on the flop. I don't see how this 3-bet is incorrect.

crunchy1 12-07-2005 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the flop is the worst street in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
With 15 outs we have around a 60% equity on the flop. I don't see how this 3-bet is incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]
Against what hand range for Villian are you arriving at Hero holding 60% equity in this pot.

Smokey98 12-07-2005 02:17 PM

Re: Tough river card your move?

check raise