Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   10/20 KJ play along (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405104)

W. Deranged 12-26-2005 02:27 AM

Re: 10/20 KJ play along

[ QUOTE ]
I do believe you mean a

two.
way.
check.

BOOM!

Edit: shant. Adding no content to threads since 2004.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to say that I really like the term "two-way check."

And I like it here.

kpux 12-26-2005 02:53 AM

Check. If TAG knows you're a TAG, he knows there's no way you're betting anything less than a K here and he won't raise with a worse hand to blow away the field. So hope he bets QQ/JJ/whatever here and you can get extra money from people behind him drawing slim.

jba 12-26-2005 03:07 AM

word on the 2-way check

bisonbison 12-26-2005 09:04 AM

I just wanted to say that I really like the term "two-way check."

It's an action that clearly needs a verb, but it'd be better if it was a little smoother to say. It needs to sum up "I check without committing myself to any particular future action."

I'd suggest 'flat-check' or 'Slovak' (the latter is best envisioned being yelled by a drunk 2+2er at a B&M table while he pounds his palm on the felt).

12-26-2005 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's an action that clearly needs a verb

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about it for a while but everything I came up with was two way lame.

But maybe this has an ounce of respectability.

The CHAZ.
Ch-Check
A-and
Z-see

Then again, maybe not.

EDIT: In this hand, I like the chaz on the flop.

Meh.

shant 12-26-2005 02:12 PM

Why don't we call it the "holla back" because that's what Fabulous would send bitches on his "two-way" when he wanted to "check" in on them, and you're looking to gain info and have your opponents send info back to you.

Plus that'd be a lot of fun to see 2+2ers slam the table and yell.

12-26-2005 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I just know there are people thinking, "Bet hoping the PFR raises to blow away the field."

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this at first. Then I thought that there's no reason to want this. Mind you, 3-outers are getting odds to call behind MP1. No better draws exist (except a broadway A having a backdoor straight draw also). I like c/r most of the time. Anybody fold to a 3-bet?

private joker 12-26-2005 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's an action that clearly needs a verb, but it'd be better if it was a little smoother to say. It needs to sum up "I check without committing myself to any particular future action."

I'd suggest 'flat-check' or 'Slovak' (the latter is best envisioned being yelled by a drunk 2+2er at a B&M table while he pounds his palm on the felt).

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me your return to the forum is permanent, rather than a week of furious posting followed by another 5 months of absolute silence

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

bisonbison 12-26-2005 04:37 PM

I can make no promises, but I'm feeling pretty good about poker right now. I'm a little rusty after taking a pretty much total break from taking poker seriously for half a year, but I've played more hands in the last 3 days than I had in the last 7 months and am pretty pleased with what I have managed to retain.

If I can put in a few hours a week and stay happy playing, I should be back at 2/4 by the end of February.

Entity 12-26-2005 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can make no promises, but I'm feeling pretty good about poker right now. I'm a little rusty after taking a pretty much total break from taking poker seriously for half a year, but I've played more hands in the last 3 days than I had in the last 7 months and am pretty pleased with what I have managed to retain.

If I can put in a few hours a week and stay happy playing, I should be back at 2/4 by the end of February.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome back.