Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Really bad hand, berate me (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403475)

aces_dad 12-22-2005 02:59 PM

Re: Really bad hand, berate me

AJo is just one more hand you're adding. And as you say this is a default standard, against someone playing too many hands pf, I loosen up my isolation standards.

I'd also go Axs with x say 8 and up.

12-22-2005 02:59 PM

every move was wrong besides the fold on the river.

mosuavea 12-22-2005 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Revised gameplan: Fold PF

No reason to get involved here with this hand, save yourself money

[/ QUOTE ]

sure there's reason to get involved.. it's 6 handed, and A8 is probably good here.

but i probably dump it when i get minraised..

[/ QUOTE ]

If the limper is a bad player then, as I stated before, this play has its merits. If there is no read or the guy is tight why would you play this?

12-22-2005 03:02 PM

Despite the preflop garbage, could we discuss fourth and fifth street? I apologize for not properly fixing fourth and fifth street with the suits of the cards.

Right now, my confidence is pretty low as I've been losing and I think it's been affecting my play.

On the flop, I CB and I don't believe that he has me beat. I call, planning to make a play at the pot on the turn.

When the queen hits and he checks, I assume that he has either an ace or a king or a queen. I check behind, because I feel that he'd bet a king on the river and I could win the pot.

After the K hits on the river, I don't think I have a chance.

1: Should I bet the turn?
2: Should I fold the flop after I'm raised?

troymclur 12-22-2005 03:06 PM

if you felt you were ahead on the flop, i'd have re-raised, but the play seems to me like he hit the queen. But as called, i'd have led for 3/4's to 2/3's pot on the turn, then gone into check/fold mode.

mosuavea 12-22-2005 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop, I CB and I don't believe that he has me beat. I call, planning to make a play at the pot on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats one of my friends sayings and I laugh everytime he says it, what makes you think he doesnt have you beat? People at this level would min c/r with trips regularly. Without reads you can fold the flop.

aces_dad 12-22-2005 03:10 PM

I was wondering that also. I didn't see a bluffy read provided for villian in the OP.

12-22-2005 03:31 PM

Right, right. I think I'm psychologically hurting my game and seeing bluffs everywhere. I didn't exactly have a read on this player, except the few hands that I've seen were aggressive, without a SD (still doesn't mean anything).

4_2_it 12-22-2005 03:36 PM

On average, people bluff much less frequently than we give them credit for. Just think how often a good TAG bluffs and semi-bluffs. The calling stations and donkeys will bluff with no where near that level of frequency. The maniacs will, but they are easy to play against provided you can make a hand once in a while.

jtr 12-22-2005 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sure there's reason to get involved.. it's 6 handed, and A8 is probably good here.

but i probably dump it when i get minraised..

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I think the OP's play is fine up until the call of the flop min-raise.