Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Why was I banned? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389241)

MrWookie47 12-01-2005 05:14 PM

Re: Why was I banned?

The douchebag sentiment was just lumped on top of the primary offense, bypassing the filter, for other mods to get a chuckle at if they investigate. And, actually, it appears that the violation was on a word that was allowed by the filter rather than bypassing it deliberately. I believe OP's account has been unbanned. I think I'll drop Mat a note about the word, though.

citanul 12-01-2005 05:18 PM

haha, no, the funny part of it was that gabyyyy circumvented the censor to write fuckers without the s, while you can write fuckers with the s, with a modicum of creativity in your sentence construction. still though, mat should probably get on fixing fuckers.

12-01-2005 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't the one who banned you, but us mods can now leave notes about why someone was banned for other mods to see. You were banned for bypassing the language filter, and for being a "class A douchebag."

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how many people out there are looking at that and thinking -- exactly how many different classes are there?

I know I am.

Alobar 12-01-2005 05:29 PM

good point. From now on I think im gunna start calling people "class B douchebag"

MrWookie47 12-01-2005 05:32 PM

You know those secret notes I mentioned that are only visible to moderators? Well, we've had some discussion going on in the secret mod forum (again, only visible to mods). It's been decided that we need to classify all posters according to their level of douche-ness. Each mod has been charged with going through their forum and classifying their constituency on a scale of A-F. This makes it easier for the mods in other forums to identify the grade A "douchebag" posters and shun them, and to welcome the grade F "not really a douche" posters. There has been some discussion about how long a poster is allowed to sit at grade A status before being banned, but at this point that mechanism hasn't been implemented in the software. The Zoo's own Mike Haven was appointed by Mat to be the Head Doucheologist, much to the chagrin of Commodus. All disputes over a particular poster's grade (for posters with multiple forums they frequent) are settled by him.

<font color="white"> [/jopke] </font>

CORed 12-01-2005 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good point. From now on I think im gunna start calling people "class B douchebag"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would be more offended by being called a "class B douchebag" than by being called a "class A douchebag". If I'm gonna be a douchebag, I want to be the best douchebag I can be.

whodaman 12-01-2005 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
coming back after being banned is ground for permanent banning, IIRC.

[/ QUOTE ]

this policy makes great sense... if your banned and come back you get permanently banned. lol.I guess i wont come back if i ever get banned.

Xcalibur 12-01-2005 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If I'm gonna be a douchebag, I want to be the best douchebag I can be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Atta boy! That's a man with a vision.

Mike Haven 12-01-2005 05:44 PM

Don't worry, CORed. There was no argument over your grading.

jman220 12-01-2005 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2p2 is rigged [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir. And to the OP: you will be missed, if only for comedic value. Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gabby, don't feel bad, Capo was previously banned too.