Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Grocery Store Etiquette (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394163)

BradleyT 12-08-2005 12:50 PM

Re: Grocery Store Etiquette

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I've helped a bagger before. Mostly because I want to leave the store, but also to speed up the line. I try to use the self-checkout whenever possible.

Speaking of which, does anyone in here scam the self-checkout, one way or the other? I'm sure you could save several dollars if you keyed those vine-ripened expensive tomatoes as regular crappy tomatoes. Thoughts?

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah dude, all the vegetables I buy go in under 4011 for $.39/lb. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

12-08-2005 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Agree, also I worked as a cashier in high school and thus I know I won't screw it up. Actually my grocery store has a self-checkout section, I almost always use that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a bagger through high school and was very good at it, and when I first saw those self check out things I thought I was in heaven. I could move at my own super speed, get everything bagged how I wanted and get them out of there.

But they suck.

"Please scan the item." *pause*

"Please place the item in the bag." *pause

Everything takes about 5 seconds longer than if the cashier just swiped it through because of the stupid weight system that makes sure you're not stealing groceries. I tried it twice then gave up and went backto cashiers. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Ray

JordanIB 12-08-2005 01:22 PM

I don't help, but only because I can't really. My grocery store doesn't have an area with bags that accessible to the shopper.

Only bags are plastic ones on a rack next to the cashier.

I feel bad when I stand there and watch them bag all my grocieres, but I don't have a choice. If I was able to, I'd pitch in.

Reqtech 12-08-2005 01:28 PM

Also help. Faster for me, faster for the people behind me, easier on the cashier. Everyone wins.

Also, I always place my similar items together on the belt so that when they are scanned I don't have to sift through the items to make the best combinations for bagging. Makes the bagging easier and faster.

CollinEstes 12-08-2005 01:32 PM

I help but about scamming the self scanner I have done this on accident before and found it to be pretty easy to do.

Another great scam: the movie theater I go to has the inside automatic ticket teller thing and my friends and I always just go to it and buy child's tickets for 4.50 a piece. You can buy them for any movie even R rated ones without having to buy an adult. The ticket guy just looks at the movie and tells you were to go. Gold

McGahee 12-08-2005 01:35 PM

I don't help - didn't expect anybody to help me when I was a cashier. It's not that difficult. Call me whatever names you want, but I'd rather be that guy than the deuchebag who leaves shopping carts in the parking lot. I also don't ask "where are the napkins" when I've been looking for all of 2 seconds. Hell I'll search for 15 minutes if I have to. I hated that guy when I worked retail.

12-08-2005 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Another great scam: the movie theater I go to has the inside automatic ticket teller thing and my friends and I always just go to it and buy child's tickets for 4.50 a piece. You can buy them for any movie even R rated ones without having to buy an adult. The ticket guy just looks at the movie and tells you were to go. Gold

[/ QUOTE ]

You lucky [censored]. I wish we had this sort of thing.

ScottieK

sfer 12-08-2005 01:43 PM

I haven't been to a grocery store with a cashier + bagger arrangement in years.

pokerdirty 12-08-2005 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't been to a grocery store with a cashier + bagger arrangement in years.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are missing out.