Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Pokerstars 1 Rebuy 1 Add (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358636)

skiier04 10-16-2005 01:53 AM

Re: Pokerstars 1 Rebuy 1 Add

That hand sucked.

Exitonly 10-16-2005 01:58 AM

yep.

Not having the balls to continuation bet is what cost me.

I gave the guy that crippled me 150k that i would have had.

If i c-bet, i'm only down to like 250-300k now.

Exitonly 10-16-2005 02:02 AM

As you can probably guess..

I'm not in the best of moods right now.

pfkaok 10-16-2005 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As you can probably guess..

I'm not in the best of moods right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry man. you probably shoulda Cbet on that one, but you can't think you had 200k more or whatever b/c that's REALLY results oriented thinking. sure you probably missed a little EV on that hand, but it probably wasn't THAT big a deal.

In actuality you had a VERY xxxxx run of luck, and thats it. you had a huge stack, played quite well (from what i saw) but the cards were really just not coming your way at the right time. and obviously you have no control over that.

Exitonly 10-16-2005 02:09 AM

it was results oriented, but it was bad not to C-bet there, and it definitely cost me the tournament. Shame it took going from 150k chipleader w/ 10 to go, to out 10th, to teach me a lesson.

10-16-2005 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it was results oriented, but it was bad not to C-bet there, and it definitely cost me the tournament. Shame it took going from 150k chipleader w/ 10 to go, to out 10th, to teach me a lesson.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easiest way to learn man. That mistake's probably +EV in the end.

Nice score. Gl next time.

pfkaok 10-16-2005 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it is pretty hard to not be somewhat results oriented in those spots with all the snowball effects and stuff. thats really all i get a little pissed about anymore. when i play. i do'nt remember the last time i got too worked up over a bad beat, but i'm a bit harder on myself when i rush a play, or just don't think it through well enough.

I used to be a lot worse, but i've been better about it lately, and am a little easier on myself when i screw up.I don't know if you've read barry G's book, but that helped me a TON with semitilt after making poor plays. Just seeing that he makes mistakes almost every tourney he plays in is pretty comforting. i mean of course i want to be THE BEST, but realistically i know that i have about .0000001% chance of being as good as barry G in my life, and so i know i'm going to make MANY, MANY mistakes everytime i sit down.

for me, i'm really numbers oriented, so after i make what i think was a mistake i go over the numbers thoroughly and so if it was in fact a mistake i can tell, and get an idea for JUST how big a mistake it was. and from that i feel i learn a ton b/c if i know HOW much EV i gave up by making the wrong play. then if i'm in a similar spot i have a good idea for how much the numbers would have to be tweaked for the correct play to change.

pfkaok 10-16-2005 02:24 AM

and as a positive, you probably moved in front of me on the TLB with that tourney. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

though i'm in the $20 + 2 with 69 out of 1010 left. i'm below avg, but if i get lucky it could be a nice one.

Exitonly 10-16-2005 02:27 AM

oh snap, didnt even see you passed me.

guess i'll have to pick it up.

pfkaok 10-16-2005 02:31 AM

yep, i'm serious with this thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i've started playin the little ones like you, and i've learned to play decent at PLO and Omaha 8/b. and i've been playin some LHE too... i alwyas thought LHE tourneys were kinda stupid, but since i've been playing more lately they're kinda fun. you don't have quite the same edge, but a lotta pelple SUCK at LHE