Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Super Bowl Sunday TV poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=191079)

Wake up CALL 02-06-2005 06:26 PM

Re: Super Bowl Sunday TV poker

[ QUOTE ]
On a side note, does anyone know why all of the poker commercials for websites are for .nets. Why is it PokerStars.Net, PartyPoker.Net, FullTiltPoker.Net, etc. as a pose to .com?

[/ QUOTE ]

The .net sites are all play money which is legal to advertise. The .coms for real money are in a gray area at best and the networks don't wish to get involved with that can of worms.

Shibby 02-06-2005 06:28 PM

Gus is running lucky as hell in that tourney.

mrbaseball 02-06-2005 06:29 PM

Wow! Pokerstars and Party commercials are all over this thing. I hope it brings in some new blood.

Kevmath 02-06-2005 06:34 PM

Rose left BDSSP to do Arena and NFL Europe football for FSN.

The format of the tournament was 6 tournaments total, divided into 2 series with a 400K buyin. Each series consisted of 2 tournaments and a final, how you finished in the tournaments determined how many chips you started with in the final. The finishes in the 2 series finals determined the starting chips in the championship that is airing today.

Kevin...

ClassicBob 02-06-2005 06:37 PM

So, I fell asleep during the middle of this. Can anyone tell me the elimination hands of Lederer, Brunson, and Greenstein, as well as how Chan got his stack back up from 24k to over 200?

Becks77 02-06-2005 06:48 PM

Anyone know know what the pay out is for this tourney? They are saying first place is 1 million but what are the other spots?

Becks77 02-06-2005 06:52 PM

I cant believe Gus in this tourney. I dont even know what to say. It is amazing

shadow29 02-06-2005 06:52 PM

Clearly B&M Poker is rigged.

Becks77 02-06-2005 06:58 PM

This guy can hit some freaking cards. Gus really hit some big good cards, but he did play really well over all. Doyle really gave the tourney to Gus on a silver platter though. After he got Doyles chips I just knew Gus was probably going to win it all.

Tevyee 02-06-2005 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know know what the pay out is for this tourney? They are saying first place is 1 million but what are the other spots?

[/ QUOTE ]
To my knowledge, only first place wins money. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
And I now know why Cardplayer magazine ran Gus Hansen as their cover! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]