Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Kings (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402993)

jason_t 12-21-2005 07:44 PM

Re: Rest of Flop and Turn

That was one of the turn cards we didn't want to see. Just call.

Carmine 12-21-2005 07:50 PM

I would just call the turn. Against six players and that board I really think you need a Q river to take this down. Raising is only going get it 3-bet no one is going to fold and even if you are best right now you need to dodge half the deck on the river

12-21-2005 07:51 PM

I think you call the flop with the intention of raising the turn.

I think you have to consider the 7 as a fairly safe turn card and I'd consider it a pretty large mistake not raising this turn.

EDIT: I'd consider it a GIGANTIC mistake not to raise this turn.

12-21-2005 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you call the flop with the intention of raising the turn.

I think you have to consider the 7 as a fairly safe turn card and I'd consider it a pretty large mistake not raising this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm apprehensive as I don't see the 7 as being as safe you do. Not NEARLY so.

UVaHoo 12-21-2005 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this such a safe card? People would stick around with an 8 here all the time, especially in a field this big and a pot this big. There are also all types of two pair hands that could be out against you.

12-21-2005 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this such a safe card? People would stick around with an 8 here all the time, especially in a field this big and a pot this big. There are also all types of two pair hands that could be out against you.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Given the action....who's holding the 8?
2. You have up to 16 outs against a 2 pair hand.
3.There are WAYWAYWYAYWYWYAYY too many hands that you want to fold here not to raise. This is easily a case where raising with a second best hand could be worth it.

QTip 12-21-2005 08:59 PM

I honestly thought there were 2 gaps between that turn card...need to drop the bong...

Here's the whole hand.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (28 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds, Button calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 32 BB

toss 12-21-2005 09:05 PM

I'd call the river even though I'm sure that I'm more than 99% beat. Just because the pot is that big.

QTip 12-21-2005 09:29 PM

For fun or more conversation:

MP2 - Js9s

MP3 - Qh8h

Button - QcJd

BB (a 2+2r) - Kc8c

12-21-2005 09:34 PM

MP3 could have Q9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and have played this hand perfectly.

I call the river.

EDIT: Too late.