Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Best Local Beer in your City/Region (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390096)

BradleyT 12-02-2005 05:52 PM

Re: Best Local Beer in your City/Region

[ QUOTE ]
Fat tire. Not really local, but they have it everywhere here and it's not so available in other cities.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's available on tap in any major city.

RunDownHouse 12-02-2005 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
...west of the Mississippi.

CollinEstes 12-02-2005 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
...west of the Mississippi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Tenn. isn't exactly prime beer territory. But neither is Texas.

12-02-2005 05:59 PM

Wow do I love Moose Drool. Took a beer post for me to finally register after hours of reading poker posts. Anyways is Moose Drool regional even? I drank a lot of it in Madison, WI. Haven't seen it in Texas yet. I like Real Ale's Fireman's #4 a lot down here. As far as local beers in WI- I highly recommend anythign by Lake Louie. Their oatmeal stout was one of my favorite's.

CollinEstes 12-02-2005 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow do I love Moose Drool. Took a beer post for me to finally register after hours of reading poker posts. Anyways is Moose Drool regional even? I drank a lot of it in Madison, WI. Haven't seen it in Texas yet. I like Real Ale's Fireman's #4 a lot down here. As far as local beers in WI- I highly recommend anythign by Lake Louie. Their oatmeal stout was one of my favorite's.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't find any real Ale in Houston so you must in like Deep South Texas. Moose Drool doesn't make it anywhere in Texas so you are out of luck on it. Lake Louie stuff looks interesting especially that stout in a jug.

WDC 12-02-2005 06:07 PM

I prefer the Schell's Firebrick and the Snowstorm is a nice Winter brew. Schell's is located in New Ulm Minnesota

12-02-2005 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't find any real Ale in Houston so you must in like Deep South Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Austin, which I'd consider smack dab in the middle. But what would I know, I'm from the Mid"west" and that's right in the middle of the US.

steelcmg 12-02-2005 06:10 PM

Victory Brewery in Downingtown Pa

Lazymeatball 12-02-2005 06:12 PM

I drink mostly Sam Adams or imports when not going with cheap domestic swill. In New England some of the more prominent micros would probably be Wachusett, or the slightly larger than micro Magic Hat. Counting Sam Adams as a local brewery is kind of cheating.

miajag81 12-02-2005 06:12 PM

Dogfish Head