Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I can't put this guy on a hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389812)

soah 12-02-2005 08:25 AM

Re: I can\'t put this guy on a hand

[ QUOTE ]
if hes decent i dont see him making any sort of moves with a min-raise on a KQx board against a preflop re-raiser

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why his fold baffled me.

12-02-2005 08:26 AM

why are you so baffled? It could easily just be a poorly played AK hand

soah 12-02-2005 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop is KQx. I bet $75, he thinks a little and raises to $150. I carefully push the slider to the far right and raise all-in. He folds for his last $200. wtf??

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiosity why do you push to his flop raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I had the nuts and thought he'd call.

12-02-2005 08:31 AM

But why is that a better play then just calling his raise and hoping he'll fire another barrel on the turn?

soah 12-02-2005 08:36 AM

What sort of a hand would push on the turn that wouldn't call it all on the flop?

12-02-2005 08:41 AM

Some ppl may think of it as "weaker" to just call, thus they may be more willing to get all their money in.

12-02-2005 08:47 AM

I dunno the way I see this hand he opened Pre-flop with something like J10 suited and called your re-raise. He flopped an OESD, so he was smashing with outs (putting you on probably AK and figuring you wont back off it). Your push tells him to forget about drawing because you have the goods. I just don't see him having AA because he didn't go over the top of you pre-flop and I really think he woulda called on the flop. AK is a good possibility but even then IMO he has to have a pretty solid line on you not to call that flop. That's just the way I see things.

djoyce003 12-02-2005 09:22 AM

I think AA is his most likely hand and since you reraised he's putting you on KK/QQ at worst AK but given the way you pushed I think he settled for KK or QQ and he made a good fold. I'd have flat called the raise and maybe made a medium sized turn bet and try to make it look more like AK...the push makes what you have fairly obvious and given your description of this player I'd be thinking you won't get his stack that way.

4_2_it 12-02-2005 10:17 AM

If he was Hellmuth then he had QQ. If not, he probably had either AK (75%) or JJ(25%) and is a thinking player. With two big fish at the table you can't be surprised that another shark has smelled the chum.

kongo_totte 12-02-2005 10:26 AM

He has A A.