Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Going to Vegas next week: where to play LLHE? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=186408)

caggin 01-31-2005 02:53 AM

Re: Going to Vegas next week: where to play LLHE?

Thanks so much for all the tips!! I will do my best, wish me luck!

And yeah, I've always thought being a girl might have certain advantages playing live, but I've also thought (as someone mentioned) that guys will tend to fold whenever I bet which means no action, but I can't imagine that I can get EVERYONE to fold to a bluff in fishy low limit games. Well, we'll see how it goes...

Thanks again!

westmt01 01-31-2005 03:14 PM

I'd say the most logical place to start would be Excalibur. They more or less cater to B&M newbies. The 1/3 spread limit is the softest game on the face of the earth, and in general the games are very laid-back.

Once you've got your feet wet, I'd suggest Imperial Palace, which is a small room but has VERY easy to beat 2/4 games in a relaxed atmosphere. And, as a previous poster said, Binion's downtown is a fish fry. Some of the dealers are a little more uptight there (some are downright nasty, and the woman at the podium up front during the day is caustic), but the players at 2/4 there are REALLY bad. It's worth the trip.

neorab 01-31-2005 03:20 PM

My girlfriend and I have noticed that when she plays, everyone gets really dumb. For somereason, all these cowboys and frat boys that play where we do think being female is an automatic weakness. Truth is, she puts me to shame. She plays tighter when everyone gets dumb, but she's basicly gauranteed to get action when she hits big hands, even obvious ones.

I'm headed to vegas in may since I turn 21 on the first. I look forward to playing against new people. You start to recognize everyone when there is only one card room within an hours driving distance.

bwana devil 01-31-2005 04:15 PM

my previous post

SofaCoach 01-31-2005 04:59 PM

I just got back from 8 days in Vegas yesterday (with 3 day side trip to Arizona). I found the players at Imperial Palace 2-4 AND 3-6 to be the worst in town, and that is a very hard title to win indeed.

I also played at Mandalay Bay, Monte Carlo, Flamingo, and Mirage. I agree that the staff in the Monte Carlo is terrific and the room has the best atmosphere.

ncskiier 01-31-2005 05:41 PM

I concur. The Monte Carlo is a great room and the IP has the worst players in town. On my last visit I made $120 in 30min. playing 2/4. I know, it's hard to believe. My first two hands were monsters and I got crazy action. The next 6 or 8 hands I played weren't shown down. If they didn't fold on the flop, they did on the turn, and often times even the river. Most of those hands I totally missed the flop but just kept firing. Bought in with $30, wifey and I split the $60 I had left after a bad bj session, cashed out $150 when hers was gone (she was at another table).

midas 01-31-2005 06:11 PM

Adding my 2 cents:

Unless you're set on playing 2-4, I would choose the Mirage 3-6 game. MC's room is very cramped with creepy artwork and if you're playing there during the week/daytime, the local retired rocks are in abundance which is typical for all Vegas rooms. Try both and decide for yourself.

ncskiier 02-01-2005 06:04 PM

How is the Mirage 3/6? I'm staying there next month on a poker rate and have to give them six hours/day. I normally play 2/4.

Patrick del Poker Grande 02-01-2005 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is the Mirage 3/6? I'm staying there next month on a poker rate and have to give them six hours/day. I normally play 2/4.

[/ QUOTE ]
The 3/6 is fine for you. Clean it up.