Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Finally got an "A" from pokergrader and... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320108)

spamuell 08-22-2005 04:29 PM

Re: Finally got an \"A\" from pokergrader and...

Yeah I entered spamuell as a name.

I love how on the flop I checked, called, raised and folded an acceptable percentage of the time but I got a red X next to how often I bet. What did it expect me to do the rest of the time? (lol yes I realise I could have just done each action a little more and they'd probably still be acceptable, I just think it's funny.)

Anyway I'm not sure the site assesses 6-max.

junkmail3 08-22-2005 04:55 PM

Such a wonderful datamining tool.

pokergrader 08-22-2005 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Such a wonderful datamining tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are worried about it, download PGC. It will compress and anonymize your hand histories for you.

I delete the hand histories as soon as they are processed (because they take up so much space), so there is absolutly no datamining use.

spamuell 08-22-2005 05:09 PM

Why wasn't the session that I linked on the leaderboard?

BaggyAnt 08-22-2005 06:56 PM

why the sarcasm all the time? The guy has taken the time and effort to create an informative, interesting and fun tool - Kudos for doing something that I in a million years could not do.

Uglyowl 08-22-2005 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why the sarcasm all the time? The guy has taken the time and effort to create an informative, interesting and fun tool - Kudos for doing something that I in a million years could not do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the site to be honest with you. It is fun to crack jokes though.

pokergrader 08-22-2005 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand it at all. I just put in this session where I ran incredibly and it says:

Overall Luck (Not submitted to leaderboard): 21.45

But that should be second on the leaderboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Need at least 100 hands to qualify for the leaderboard.

pokergrader 08-22-2005 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not worried about it at all. It isn't a popularity contest. I just created the site, and hope people find it useful. If somebody finds it useful, then they can use it. If they dont like it, I would love to hear why.

But he does bring up an excellent point. And to be honest with you, I hadn't really worked on PG in a while since it wasn't getting much interest at all. But if it starts getting a lot of interest like it has gotten in the past few days, I may spend a lot of time improving it, and adding shorthanded compatability is probably my #1 goal (Also considering I have since moved from full ring to 6max since PG was created).

Uglyowl 08-22-2005 07:55 PM

Thanks for creating the site!

The only thing I can think that needs improving are the worst possible hands category, it seems a little funky at times.

Also if you are nice enough maybe you could program a luck factor for the starting hands you are dealt.

Thanks again!

theRealMacoy 08-27-2005 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This site is useless for low limit players that can't bluff out their opponents. You will never earn more than a C without bluffing a decent amount and generally I think the grades are based on a highly, highly flawed base of winning strategy.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

not that i am an A poker player or anything but....

i just got an A from PG with approx 400 hands at .25/.50 on PS.....i tend to agree with your sentiment and don't put much merrit in the grade (although it was one of my best all-time session).

cheers,
the Real Macoy