Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   More fun with easy reads! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=261558)

James282 05-30-2005 01:58 PM

Re: More fun with easy reads!

You don't understand wy it's wrong to say something like that during a hand? If you had AA, would you appreciate someone saying that? Ridiculous lack of etiquette IMO.
-James

Benal 05-30-2005 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ridiculous lack of etiquette IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

chuddo 05-30-2005 04:32 PM

only a non-douche thing to say if they are both already all in and the action is back to you to act.

but not the case, so congrats on being a knob.

James282 05-30-2005 11:22 PM

Yup, and the thing is, Daliman will continue to do this because he is incredibly arrogant and socially inept.
-James

45suited 05-31-2005 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yup, and the thing is, Daliman will continue to do this because he is incredibly arrogant and socially inept.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be seen as suck a$$, but Daliman happens to be (IMO)one of the best players on this forum. I've lurked for a long time before actually signing up and I've learned alot from him, Lorinda, Eastbay, and many others... The way I look at it, these people are assets to the entire 2+2 forum and the last thing that I'd like to do is attack them personally.

Rather than turning everything into a personal pissing match, I'd like to encourage these guys (and gals) to keep posting and sharing their thoughts and / or research.

Obviously, we all understand what the gripe here is with him commenting during the hand, but really, I could give a rat's a$$ about it in the grand scheme of things.

Daliman 05-31-2005 03:03 AM

Oh I see yer lacky Nick B told you about this. Considering I had no more info than my own JJ, the player with KK didn't even seem to notice, and the fact that there is a better than average chance that they had two COMPLETELY different hands, my statement means little. Of course, ANY statement such as this can be construed as poor ettiquette, which I will freely admit, but "douchebag"? No, that's just a spoiled preppie kid trying for the umpteenth time to get one over on me.

Yer just mad cuz I proved you wrong in yer little SH silliness forum. You should stay there. Men talk here.

It does seem like you are posting in this forum a bit more though, so you may want to get a few lessons from me. I'm expensive, but worth it, although I'd have to charge you more to get all that LAG SH bet-every-top-pair-hand-strong goofiness out of you.

Jason Strasser 05-31-2005 03:09 AM

Dali.

Your preflop play is really bad IMO. If you are going to raise at least make a real raise. Otherwise call and save yourself a chance to bust some players with AA or KK.

As it was, your fold is routine and your table chat isnt even amusing.

-Jason

DonButtons 05-31-2005 03:13 AM

I was thinking the same thing here, strassa.

I also seen him to do this with TT to a utg limper in another thread (so Im guessing this is his standard line), making it 75 with a limper who called for 30. Why not just call, and that way you might get in on the AA vs KK flop cheaply maybe if one of them misplays it. Which happens frequently btw.

Jason Strasser 05-31-2005 03:16 AM

God Daliman.

Even if you could beat the 200 sngs for 20% ROI, you could still be a terrible poker player. Beating sngs is a skill, but a much easier skill to obtain then beating higher end cash games. James is regarded as a top poster in the mid high limit and there is absolutely no doubt he understands poker in general better than you.

And, FWIW, I'll take Nick B vs. Daliman any day.

-Jason

Daliman 05-31-2005 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dali.

Your preflop play is really bad IMO. If you are going to raise at least make a real raise. Otherwise call and save yourself a chance to bust some players with AA or KK.

As it was, your fold is routine and your table chat isnt even amusing.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, well, what do you consider a REAL raise then? 125-150? What do I do then when the guy with any pair, AK, AQ,comes over the top of me and I am now getting 850 for 1150 odds and I almost always fold situations like that? Also, just call in? And leave my JJ out there swinging in the wind for any AK or Q to limp in and win vs me if he hits his cheap flop with 5x+ odds? Also, did you know that the player that raised had a 44% pokerprophecy rating, and therefore I raised a bit smaller than usual to figure out exactly what kind of hand he had because I had been getting beat up on JJ-QQ vs KK-AA on rag boards? Notice it worked like a charm in this case, which it won't always, of course. The fact that I would have outflopped means pretty much nothing, of course.

Look, I ain't saying my play here is perfect, NL is a very subjective game. But I had a reason for why I did what I did, and to say the play is "really bad" is pretty shortsighted, especially considering my play lost me a small amount of money that many in that type of situation lose tons in. You make it seem like if I call here, I get to see the flop, which isn't happening. I don't have "standard" play in situations like this; I make constant adjustments, based on reads, tendencies, game theory, and even good old spidey sense at times.

Personally, I thought my table chat was HILARIOUS, as did many of my friends. But yes, on the wrong side of ettiquette/fairness. Kinda FPS for hand reading, and obvious miniraises annoy me. Had it mattered, I'd feel worse about it, but since it didn't, I don't feel too bad at all about it, but I'll probably be a bit more judicious in the future.