Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Nominations for Best "Rock" Album of 2005 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387685)

private joker 11-30-2005 07:05 PM

Re: Nominations for Best \"Rock\" Album of 2005

There's a mean bone in my body... it's connected to the problem that I won't take for an answer, I won't take that from youuuuu because I... would hurt a fly....

One of the best songs ever written.

Jack of Arcades 11-30-2005 07:09 PM

I prefer Distopian Dream Girl

"If it came down to your life or mine, I'd do the stupid thing and let you keep on living"

swede123 11-30-2005 07:13 PM

The main thing I get out of these kinds of threads is a reminder how incredibly lame and mainstream my music taste is compared to you all. Seriously, I considered it a high percentage when I recognized two out of the artists on the first page.

Swede

bwana devil 11-30-2005 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is my top 10 of 05

how have i never heard of any of these? if they were the best albums of 2005, why wouldn't i hear of them even one time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you are ignorant about good music?

[/ QUOTE ]

don't you think i would have at least heard of one of them if they were actually the best?

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you hear about them? I don't know [censored] about art, and I don't expect to hear who made the best out door installation this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know [censored] about art either, but i'm pretty sure i could recognize a list of the greatest artists of all time

your taste in music sucks! "LOL"!

[/ QUOTE ]

daryn, youre a smart dude, but you should steer clear of the music threads. youve demonstrated you dont know anything about current music and your reasoning to defend yourself is horrid.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bwana

11-30-2005 07:19 PM

I'll say it, I listen to mainstream, and it doesnt make me uncool. I have metallica, zep, ozzy, and, and, oh well...

doesn't really matter, I just dont get this stuff. I will try to eek into it slowly, because I really would like to be able to discuss this with you guys, but alas, for now I am tre ignorant.

Jack of Arcades 11-30-2005 07:22 PM

I listen to mainstream, too. Fuel is one of my favorite bands ever. I really like Ashlee Simpson, Kelly Clarkson, and JC Chasez. Heh.

GuyOnTilt 11-30-2005 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I listen to mainstream, too. Fuel is one of my favorite bands ever. I really like Ashlee Simpson, Kelly Clarkson, and JC Chasez. Heh.

[/ QUOTE ]
I rarely listen to much anything "mainstream" except what my roomie plays, but I really like Kelly Clarkson and JC Chasez (he plays neither). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

GoT

istewart 11-30-2005 08:00 PM

Hadn't heard The National's album before reading this thread but I like it a lot, so thanks to whomever.

IndieMatty 11-30-2005 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hadn't heard The National's album before reading this thread but I like it a lot, so thanks to whomever.

[/ QUOTE ]

duh. me as usual.

istewart 11-30-2005 08:04 PM

Eff that. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]