Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Johnny Damon signs with Yankees (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402449)

sublime 12-21-2005 07:28 PM

Re: Johnny Damon signs with Yankees

Surely you are not inferring that your point of view is the only legitimate point of view in this case?

apprently you dont know me very well [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Myrtle 12-21-2005 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Surely you are not inferring that your point of view is the only legitimate point of view in this case?

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO.....

No I don't, but I love your response!!

Thanks for the hearty chuckle.....

Myrt.........

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

sublime 12-21-2005 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO.....

Myrt.........

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly, i was being serious also [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i know its not a healthy way to think, but i cant help it.

Myrtle 12-21-2005 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO.....

Myrt.........

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly, i was being serious also [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i know its not a healthy way to think, but i cant help it.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops....should we now move this string to the Psychology Forum? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Again, big fella, from your analytical 'marketplace' point of view, we are in agreement.

However, methinks the old saying about 'forests & trees' must be referenced in this matter.

Dynasty 12-21-2005 08:32 PM

Johnny Damon on 5/01/05:

"I want to stay here, but I may walk and go home. I might shut it down in a couple of years.
"There's no way I can go play for the Yankees, but I know they are going to come after me hard. It's definitely not the most important thing to go out there for the top dollar, which the Yankees are going to offer me. It's not what I need.

"I'd like to finish my career here [Boston]. I'm not sure they'll let me do it, if they offer me [only] two or three years [on a contract]. I want at least four or five.

Myrtle 12-21-2005 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Johnny Damon on 5/01/05:

"I want to stay here, but I may walk and go home. I might shut it down in a couple of years.
"There's no way I can go play for the Yankees, but I know they are going to come after me hard. It's definitely not the most important thing to go out there for the top dollar, which the Yankees are going to offer me. It's not what I need.

"I'd like to finish my career here [Boston]. I'm not sure they'll let me do it, if they offer me [only] two or three years [on a contract]. I want at least four or five.

[/ QUOTE ]

....another ball player speaks with a forked tongue?

Goodness, Gracious.....I'm shocked & chagrined! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Jack of Arcades 12-22-2005 01:24 AM

the problem with havnig as much money as the yankees is that you're expected to spend it, so you can't make reasonable deals. While the yanks have a ton of money they end up paying twice as much as they should for everyone.

uncleshady 12-22-2005 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the problem with havnig as much money as the yankees is that you're expected to spend it, so you can't make reasonable deals. While the yanks have a ton of money they end up paying twice as much as they should for everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Yankees have become the obviously foreign tourist getting sold .10 trinkets for 20 bucks in Jamaica.

P.S. eff Buckner. (still!)

12-22-2005 01:57 AM

Here's the private message i sent to Craig

"Craig,

i found a perfect 3rd party to hold each of our $1000 as discussed.

i set up our bet at tradesports.com. they're processing the bet, and will contact me when it's approved.

contact me when you've signed on to tradesports.com

-acekingoffsuit"

Craig challenged anyone to take the yankees against his red sox on who will win more regular season games in 2006.

--and i'll make this bet with ANYONE ELSE who wants it.

But I expect only Craig is a Red Sox fan here who isn't a COWARD who's is all talk.

12-22-2005 02:05 AM

Definition of denial:

sublime states...

[/ QUOTE ]

bye!

now the red sox can trade for jeremy reed!

i was going to make a post about the NYY signing dotel to a good deal, then they go and do this??????

CASHMAN, YOU JUST HAD BERNIE WILLIAMS WEIGH DOWN YOUR TEAM FOR 2 SEASONS NOW YOU SIGN A GUY WHO WAS NEVER AS GOOD AS HIM ON THE SAME DECLINE??????????????????

[/ QUOTE ]

it's really sad, the state of these Red Sox fans to not be able to admit THEY GOT SMASHED AND HUMILIATED YET AGAIN.