Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Try to get me to stay in school.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=321773)

raptor517 08-25-2005 01:06 AM

Re: Try to get me to stay in school....

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Raptor,

Will you be able to work on one piece of school work at a time, or will you like 4-table term papers?

[/ QUOTE ]

no i go to a spoiled rich kid school with a bunch of retarded people that have trouble counting to 7 and cant spell louis vuitton, even though thats all they own.. damn they are gorgeous though.. its a good motivator to go to class.. always something to keep you occupied.

oh, basically, what im saying, is that i wont have to do very much work. so ill be able to play a good amount of poker, party a lot, meet all these girls, and all around be useless for the next 4 years. pretty much what i was gonna do anyway, except i get a degree with this one. holla

raptor517 08-25-2005 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can't find something in academia that isn't intersting...then you pretty much suck at life.... This goes *double* for Raptor...

[/ QUOTE ]

i like to think i dont suck at life.. but i still cant find anything that engages me at my university as far as academia goes.. i even did some stupid career counseling which didnt help damn thing. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] oh well, guess ill learn how to invest or something. yay. but the girls are hot. i can do womens studies. YEA!! holla

Myst 08-25-2005 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you can't find something in academia that isn't intersting...then you pretty much suck at life.... This goes *double* for Raptor...

[/ QUOTE ]

i like to think i dont suck at life.. but i still cant find anything that engages me at my university as far as academia goes.. i even did some stupid career counseling which didnt help damn thing. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] oh well, guess ill learn how to invest or something. yay. but the girls are hot. i can do womens studies. YEA!! holla

[/ QUOTE ]

God damn Raptor. You are f*cking horny after your first day of school.

Slim Pickens 08-25-2005 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i can do womens studies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Women's studies is full of straight man-haters. Go with the old standby: school of nursing. They come with the uniform and everything.

citanul 08-25-2005 01:43 AM

jeez, you guys know nothing:

art history. mostly hot chicks who know they never have to make a dime in their lives because daddy will take care of them.

it's like you guys live in a cave or something.

citanul

raptor517 08-25-2005 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

art history. mostly hot chicks who know they never have to make a dime in their lives because daddy will take care of them.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, its all about sociology at tcu. every girl loves that crap. im in 2 sociology classes btw. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] holla

pokerlaw 08-25-2005 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

marketing classes are also filled w hot chicks. usually they are higher maintenance, but its all good cause they are usually aggressive b/c of that, which is nice.

Slim Pickens 08-25-2005 01:52 AM

Hey jerkass. I went to college too... and it's more of an abandoned dungeon than a cave. You may be right about art history somewhere else, but in Berkeley, art history, women, hair, everywhere, everywhere...

This thread deserves a hijack. Everything that needs to be said has been said.

raptor517 08-25-2005 01:52 AM

ok basically, to end the debate, playboy ranked TCU in the top 5 in the nation for girls. therefore, they are good in whatever class. yay for being 19. holla

Degen 08-25-2005 02:02 AM

i haven't read the whole thread yet man but i'll give you my two cents fresh from your post

I put myself through college and I took my sweet ass time doing it. I took time off, changed majors 3 times and took a total of 6 years to graduate, and I had the time of my life and it was the most amazing experience I've ever had. I also banked a massive GPA that I can use to go to grad school at any point should i decide to do that. The reason for my GPA was because I took it slow and took classes I really liked and didn't overload w/ a ton of requirements for some major my dad wanted me to have that I really wasn't passionate about.

I have friends who finished in 4 years on mommy and daddy's dime and got mediocre grades and with majors that ammounted to little more than their parents idea of good job training. I don't want to go so far as to say that my experience was better or I am a more well rounded person or anything, but i definately did not admire their slave mentality.

So my advice to you would be to do what makes you happy. If you want to play poker right now, take a year off of school and play poker. If it gets old you can always go back, and with the way you've been going i doubt the scholarship is really going to be a big issue, just be saving or buying stocks (i'm sure you already have) so you have a safety net.

You may want to do like unarmed and go travel if thats your thing, do what makes you happy. I would seriously advise against getting a bunch of C's in school...you will want that fat GPA at some point.

Good luck man