Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Open Raise UTG (Poll) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380351)

TStoneMBD 11-18-2005 11:37 PM

Re: Open Raise UTG (Poll)

im not the person who invented the strategy of raising QTs and JTs UTG3 in a 10 handed game. those are people from mid high and thats where i got this strategy from. i raise those hands in games where im a large favorite and im more likely to be coldcalled then 3bet. this describes alot of 15/30 full ring games.

i have never heard of anyone advocating raising QJo and KTo UTG3 in a 10handed game.

btw im glad that im making your games good. ill give you my screen name so that you can add me to your buddy list so you can sit at all of my tables.

Joe Tall 11-20-2005 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw im glad that im making your games good. ill give you my screen name so that you can add me to your buddy list so you can sit at all of my tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've picking on you all week. You remind me of someone who used to get picked apart by some great old-time posters here. LarryJoeFish33 was his name.

11-20-2005 07:01 PM

Re: Folding pairs shorthanded

How about calling with some of these hands? I know its a sin to limp UTG on a full table... but in loose passive 6 max tables... limping with something like J-10s I think is a good idea.

Let me know what you think.

beset7 11-21-2005 01:32 AM

Re: Open Raise (Definitive Poll)

[ QUOTE ]
I only fold T9s, 44 and 72o.

[/ QUOTE ]

MicroBob 11-21-2005 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know its a sin to limp UTG on a full table..

[/ QUOTE ]

???

sarcasm??

11-21-2005 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know its a sin to limp UTG on a full table..

[/ QUOTE ]

???

sarcasm??

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

ALL1N 11-21-2005 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's just that the overall concensus by the #1 place to discuss poker on the internet would rather play QTs and JTs over KTo and QJo is alarming.

Such a poll in it's intent is irrelevant and I'd raise or fold all those hands in all sorts of games. Granted, some more than others (raise/fold). The only way to view such a poll is to think of it as being stuck w/one hand for your entire time playing poker and had to raise UTG. I'd rather have QJo for the rest of my life in a 6-max game than QTs. But the population obviously feels different.

[/ QUOTE ]

S&M hand rankings, anybody?

Justin A 11-21-2005 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only way to view such a poll is to think of it as being stuck w/one hand for your entire time playing poker and had to raise UTG. I'd rather have QJo for the rest of my life in a 6-max game than QTs. But the population obviously feels different.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd pick QTs and I'd make a lot more money than you.

Seriously Joe you're way underestimating the value that suitedness adds in a 6 handed game. FWIW even T9s shows a significantly better EV than QJo for 6 handed games on Pokerroom.

Joe Tall 11-21-2005 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously Joe you're way underestimating the value that suitedness adds in a 6 handed game

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be correct as I reacted hastily in this thread. However, as I've said, the treads intent is irrelevant as we all know, "it depends". I just wanted to point out that high-cardness seems to be undervalued in the poll.

I guess I just wanted to start some $hit and find that old 2+2 I was used to. Not too bad of a fight.

TStoneMBD 11-21-2005 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You remind me of someone who used to get picked apart by some great old-time posters here. LarryJoeFish33 was his name.

[/ QUOTE ]

so basically im akin to as good as you used to be and now youre the great poster? oh my, what a compliment. you shouldnt have.