Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   "Official" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: 11/1 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369964)

Dynasty 11-01-2005 11:06 PM

Re: \"Official\" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: 11/1

[ QUOTE ]
on that KJs hand, someone 3-bet preflop all in with a huge stack. that is nothing but an insta muck to any decent player. i'm not sure of the exact stack sizes but it seems they were in the 100bb range.

she sucks. i was in vegas for the main event, played a golden nugget tourney with some guy who actually knew tiffany. he said she was pretty bad and amazed she made it so far. cardplayer constantly talked about how much she sucked.

she sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, why is there so much hostility?

11-01-2005 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's 5 easy reasons why people hate her (in no particular order):

She won $400k
She's female
She's lucky
She's black
She takes a really long time to make decisions

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we'd have just as much hatred for a WASP male that acts like she does, as we do for her.

He just wouldnt get the TV time she does. I think claiming that its just because she's female and black is quite bigoted in and of itself.

If you'd said:
[ QUOTE ]

She won $400k
She's lucky
She takes a really long time to make decisions

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post might have more merit. As it is, it just looks like a bunch of crap.

blumpkin22 11-01-2005 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love her analization

[/ QUOTE ]

Despicable.

11-01-2005 11:08 PM

Can Sheik be a bigger nit?

Kevmath 11-01-2005 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[You're kidding right? Tell me that your main goal is to be as sarcastic as you can in this thread because that is 2 straight idiotic statements that you have made thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, let me state that I do NOT hate Tiffany Williamson, which I should have stated in my 2nd "idiotic" statement.

When all this stuff happened during the event itself, there were quite a few posts made about her, such as her being deemed "H-DOG", and other unsavory comments about her. If she looked like Liz Lieu, Evelyn Ng, even Isabelle Mercier, the majority of the audience wouldn't care less.

UATrewqaz 11-01-2005 11:12 PM

HDOG is a walking, talking poker abortion.

NH!

kyro 11-01-2005 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[You're kidding right? Tell me that your main goal is to be as sarcastic as you can in this thread because that is 2 straight idiotic statements that you have made thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, let me state that I do NOT hate Tiffany Williamson, which I should have stated in my 2nd "idiotic" statement.

When all this stuff happened during the event itself, there were quite a few posts made about her, such as her being deemed "H-DOG", and other unsavory comments about her. If she looked like Liz Lieu, Evelyn Ng, even Isabelle Mercier, the majority of the audience wouldn't care less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I think it's pretty obvious you don't dislike her considering how much defending her you're doing.

Oh, and everyone hates Phil Ivey (black), Cyndi Violette (female), and Chris Ferguson (unattractive).

In other words, your points suck.

La Brujita 11-01-2005 11:18 PM

Anyone know the chip counts on the raymer straight flush draw on the turn? That was an interesting hand.

Iconoclastic 11-01-2005 11:35 PM

Ya gotta root for Bernard Lee. He's like Josh Arieh, only not as good and less sarcastic, but more emotive. OK, so he's not really anything like Arieh other than the sick wife telling him to play part.

TomHimself 11-01-2005 11:37 PM

well tiffany is black,unattractive, and female.