Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   USC v ND (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358170)

lastchance 10-15-2005 08:02 PM

Re: USC v ND

Meh, you're probably right. With Matt Leinart underneath a pile, they probably couldn't get it done.

this guy 10-15-2005 08:06 PM

Awesome game! That's why USC is ranked number 1!

RiverTheNuts 10-15-2005 08:08 PM

As an objective observer who had no money on the game, that was the greatest college football game Ive ever seen.

ptmusic 10-15-2005 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As an objective observer who had no money on the game, that was the greatest college football game Ive ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

As an unobjective observer, I fully agree!!!! I go to USC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-ptmusic

RacersEdge 10-15-2005 08:13 PM

Re: Fumble=clock stop

So why don't teams do this intentionally - have the RB fumble the ball out of bounds if they can't get out themselves? (I know they have the no forward fumble rule in the NFL in the last 2 minutes - kind of similar.)

jstnrgrs 10-15-2005 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So why don't teams do this intentionally - have the RB fumble the ball out of bounds if they can't get out themselves? (I know they have the no forward fumble rule in the NFL in the last 2 minutes - kind of similar.)

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a few screwed up rules in football. For example, if a team false starts with the clock running, the clock starts again after the ball is spoted. It is only a matter of time until a team with the lead at the beginning of the fourth quarter intentionally false starts until the game is over. After this, the rule will be fixed.

jakethebake 10-15-2005 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome game! That's why USC is ranked number 1!

[/ QUOTE ]

For a second there I saw Texas #1. Dammit!

dawade 10-15-2005 08:36 PM

What was hilarious is that one of the announcers said that when Leinart fumbled the ball out of bounds one of the refs signaled Touchdown.

Vince Young 10-15-2005 08:42 PM

I haven't read any of this thread, but is what Bush did on the final play a penalty? Or is that only illegal when an offensive lineman pushes someone across? Only got to watch the final 2 minutes, but it sure looked like an awesome game. The Union was going crazy.

PhatTBoll 10-15-2005 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a few screwed up rules in football. For example, if a team false starts with the clock running, the clock starts again after the ball is spoted. It is only a matter of time until a team with the lead at the beginning of the fourth quarter intentionally false starts until the game is over. After this, the rule will be fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Check page 115--"Unfair Acts" B
NCAA rule book